Deleted recent entries of downloaded security data from Fidelity...

I update my Fidelity account online. By accident, I deleted a security i purchased several weeks ago and all the transactions that go with it. I wish to download the same data again, but connecting does not repopulate it. I expected that to happen but need a workaround to signal to Fidelity side these transactions have not been downloaded before.
Thanks
Brad

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Brad F

When did you do your last backup?  Restoring that may be the easiest way forward.

Otherwise - can you tell us the method that you are using to connect for this account - options are Direct Connect, Express Web Connect and Web Connect.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Brad F
    Brad F Member ✭✭
    I thought of backup (2-3 days ago was last time) but I have made many changes to accounts during that time (the accidental deletion resulted) and going backward in time would create more harm than benefit.

I use Direct Connect straight to my Fidelity account
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @BradF,

There are a couple of options. 

First, I would suggest that you go to the Online Services tab (under "Account Details) and deactivate the account and close Quicken.  Then go back to the same tag an activate the account again for download. That may bring in the missing transactions.

The second choice would be to go to the Fidelity website for your account and download a .qfx file for the period of time that you accidentally deleted.  Then you simply import that file (click on it when Quicken is open.  You might have to clean up some duplicates but it will give you the transactions you need.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Brad F
    Brad F Member ✭✭
    THanks. Will try again tomorrow and if I dont succeed will post again.
    Thank you, Frank
  • Brad F
    Brad F Member ✭✭
    I dont see any mention of QFX files in Fidelity's Quicken page:
    https://www.fidelity.com/customer-service/faqs-exporting-account-information
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of the register and import the transactions into a new register (select Tools >Add Account...).  You should then be able to move transactions to the original register, delete the new register, and reestablish the Online Services of the original register.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Brad F,

You can convert the Fidelity CSV files to OFX files by using a conversion app like the one located here  http://www.quicknperlwiz.com.  It's pretty easy to do.

Frankx

• Brad F
    Brad F Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Frank. When I have had to transfer a transaction in the past i have only needed to move an entry or two and cut and pasted. For a long line of them, I assume there is a transfer tab or function you can set it in the entry line itself. If yes, where is the tab or drop down located?
    Thanks
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Hi again @Brad F

Yes, to move a number of contiguous transactions from one register to another in a datafile, do the following

1) Click on the first transaction;
    2) Hold down the "Shift" key and then click on the last transaction. All transactions should be highlighted;
    3) "Right-click on any transactions in the group and select "Move transaction(s)";
    4) In the Move transaction(s)" Pop-Up window - select the Name of the account you want to move the transactions to and Click "OK".

That should do it.  Let me know if you have any folllowups.

Frankx

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Brad F said:
    Thanks, Frank. When I have had to transfer a transaction in the past i have only needed to move an entry or two and cut and pasted. For a long line of them, I assume there is a transfer tab or function you can set it in the entry line itself. If yes, where is the tab or drop down located?
    Thanks
    To move multiple investment transactions: open the source register, press Ctrl + Shift + N, and select Move Transactions