Annuity Maturity Dates, Buffer % , Index it is tracking etc.

Is there a way to enter additional information for an Annuity Investment to track the Maturity Dates and any other variables/factors such as a Buffer %, the Index it is tracking, whether it is fixed, step up rates, Beginning Price etc. I have Quicken Premier. Thank you.

Best Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There's really no annuity-specific information boxes available in Quicken.  You could use a "Reminder" action for maturity dates - it will simply appear as a "transaction" in the transaction list with the date you supplied - and that's about it.
    The two broad types of "securities" available to you are Stocks and Bonds and my guess is that calling the annuity a bond might work better than calling it a stock, but I'm really not sure, having never had an annuity in my portfolio. 
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quicken does not have any specific support for annuities.

However if you want to enter additional information about a security, you can go to the Security Detail view then click on Edit Details and Other info. This brings up the Additional Security Information window, where you can enter comments about the security. Unfortunately there is no way to print out this information.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Setting the security type for the annuity to be ‘bond’ would give you a maturity date field. I don’t know that is the best choice or what unintended consequences that might lead to. 

Other info you mention can entered in the Comments field for the security (Edit details, Other info), but that field is not readily viewable or referenced. 

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There's really no annuity-specific information boxes available in Quicken.  You could use a "Reminder" action for maturity dates - it will simply appear as a "transaction" in the transaction list with the date you supplied - and that's about it.
    The two broad types of "securities" available to you are Stocks and Bonds and my guess is that calling the annuity a bond might work better than calling it a stock, but I'm really not sure, having never had an annuity in my portfolio. 
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quicken does not have any specific support for annuities.

However if you want to enter additional information about a security, you can go to the Security Detail view then click on Edit Details and Other info. This brings up the Additional Security Information window, where you can enter comments about the security. Unfortunately there is no way to print out this information.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Setting the security type for the annuity to be ‘bond’ would give you a maturity date field. I don’t know that is the best choice or what unintended consequences that might lead to. 

Other info you mention can entered in the Comments field for the security (Edit details, Other info), but that field is not readily viewable or referenced.