Importing from Microsoft Money Plus Sunset Deluxe (free download.)

Options
Hi and HELP!
I have been using Microsoft for balancing my checking and savings accounts for years. Yes, merely as a checkbook ledger to balance those accounts. Sunset Deluxe keeps crashing, maybe time to get rid of Microsoft apps. Does anyone know which Quicken app would let me transfer Microsoft Money Plus Sunset Deluxe backups into which app so I can continue to keep a checking and savings ledger? Please help.
Thank you.
Rich.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here's the support article to convert or import MS Money into Quicken 

https://www.quicken.com/support/archived-how-do-i-importconvert-my-microsoft-money-work-quicken-windows

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Quicken is now a subscription program.  One of the nice things about it is that as long as your subscription is current you will always have the latest version of Quicken.  Another nice thing about it is that the various Quicken for Windows editions are all the same app.  Which edition you subscribe to determines which features in Quicken are turned on.  You can also upgrade or downgrade at any time and just pay for or get credit for the difference in subscription costs.
    One of the things some subscribers don't like is that if the subscription is allowed to expire then there will be a banner reminding you to renew that will take up about 25% of the screen and it cannot be turned off.  All editions except for Starter, however, can continue to be used manually after the subscription expires.  Once the subscription for Starter expires, if it is not renewed, it becomes read only.
    If you have not already done so, I suggest you review the edition comparisons at https://www.quicken.com/compare
    It sounds like Starter might be edition you would want because you are not using it to manage investment accounts.  You might want to consider starting with Starter and if you find that it is not meeting your needs you can upgrade to Deluxe at any time.  Also, there's a 30-day full refund policy so if you find that it is not meeting your needs you can get a full refund if it is within 30 days of when you bought the subscription.
    As far as conversion from MS Money to Quicken goes, you might want to read the following Support article:  https://www.quicken.com/support/archived-how-do-i-importconvert-my-microsoft-money-work-quicken-windows.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I suggest you download and install the free Quicken 2013 Deluxe, apply the Quicken 2013 Release R12 Mondo patch, create a new Quicken file (select File > New Quicken File...), and import the Money file (select File > File Import > Microsoft Money File...).
  • richbikerun1
    Options
    Thank you for suggestions.
  • CompuSean
    CompuSean Member
    Options
    OK. Here's the thing... all of the above resources say go to File > File Import ... On the brand new subscription version of Quicken for Windows, THERE IS NO FILE IMPORT OPTION! So now what?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @CompuSean What Q product are you running, and what BUILD of that product?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    Because there most certainly should be a "File Import" menu option on the FILE Menu.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    CompuSean said:
    OK. Here's the thing... all of the above resources say go to File > File Import ... On the brand new subscription version of Quicken for Windows, THERE IS NO FILE IMPORT OPTION! So now what?
    After you have installed Quicken, the very top left corner of the screen will show File (circled in red in this picture).  You are not seeing File?

If you are not seeing File then Quicken is not properly installed or activated.  If this is the case, then try reinstalling Quicken.  (If  you bought and downloaded Quicken from your online Quicken.com account it will be automatically activated during installation.  But if you bought it from some other source, then you should have received an activation code and that code will need to be entered during the installation process.)
    If you are seeing File click on it.  Then click on File Import.  Then click on Microsoft Money File and follow the prompts to begin the MS Money file import and conversion process.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.