one step update - I cannot download transactions from any financial institution

Mary3215
Mary3215 Member ✭✭
1. I cannot download transactions from any financial institution and this began after I installed the latest update.
2. One step update continues to try to download from banks that I no longer use or even have in the one step update list and it slows the process down every time I try to use it.
3. I cannot seem to disconnect any financial institution from one step update in order to individually update an account.

Super frustrating.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, let's start  at the beginning.
    1. What Q product are you running?
    2. What BUILD of that product?
    3. What's your "Membership Valid thru" date?
    That info can be found at HELP, About Quicken.
    Next, do TOOLS, Account list and click EDIT adjacent to any of the accounts that SHOULDN'T be downloading.  Click the Online Services tab of the "Account Details" dialog that opens and click DEACTIVATE.  Exit out of that dialog and repeat with other accounts as necessary.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Mary3215
    Mary3215 Member ✭✭
    I am running the latest QUicken, as I pay for the updates and service yearly and so I always have the most update to version. Also, this started happening right after the latest update. I STILL can't download any transactions. Super frustrating.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order. Crashes or killing Quicken may damage the file.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified, even if you have done some of them before:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Mary3215

I'd like to add another troubleshooting step here since you're not getting any downloads I'm wondering if you might not be connecting to the server properly. I would recommend trying to sign out and back in to see if that might help with getting connectivity again. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Let us know if these steps help you out. If not we can continue troubleshooting the issue you're having.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• MR JT
    MR JT Member
    Hi @Mary3215
    I had same issue and got it working by moving the Quicken folder with it's data outside of the Documents folder. Moved it to another drive but probably would work on same drive, maybe create a C:\Data\Quicken\ folder and try.
  • Plants
    Plants Member
    I moved the Quicken folder but that didn't help. I deleted my Quicken data file and then restored from a backup and THEN tried to update. It WORKED! All my transactions came in. DEFINITELY something wrong with this latest update. Too many people having same exact issues...Hope this helps....
  • Momano
    Momano Member ✭✭
    I saw some older posts and had no luck in solving my One Step Update connectivity issues with your user suggestions. I have logged out and back in, restarted everything, shut down my firewall... nothing worked. This is a new issue for me starting around 11/1/21. The main reason I use Quicken is for the ease of updating my financial data. Since the last post was 9/21, I appear to be alone here. :(
  • Momano
    Momano Member ✭✭
    > @Momano said:
    > I saw some older posts and had no luck in solving my One Step Update connectivity issues with your user suggestions. I have logged out and back in, restarted everything, shut down my firewall... nothing worked. This is a new issue for me starting around 11/1/21. The main reason I use Quicken is for the ease of updating my financial data. Since the last post was 9/21, I appear to be alone here. :(

Also... One Step Update will update quotes but refuses to connect to my institutions even through Online Services in each individual account. So there is a connection, but not to my various institutions.