Account Locked [Online Biller error message]

Spotteddog
Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
Quicken Deluxe 35.31  Win 10  19043

For the last 2-3 weeks, every day I have had 1-3 Bills with the message "Account is Locked".
I do the "try again" procedure and then everything is fine. But the next day I get the same messages. It's not the same bills every day that are locked. Different bills each day.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Spotteddog

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties with your online billers. To better assist you I need more information. For instance, which online billers are or have been marked as locked? Where is your main/active file located? Lastly, when an online biller has been marked "locked" have you attempted to delete and re-add it? 

Please elaborate so that we may move forward in diagnosing the issue at hand. In addition, I have also sent you a message with relevant information regarding your account/online billers. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    File located on my PC.
    Bills that have been shown as locked over the last 2-3 weeks: Lowes, Verizon, Verizon Wireless PNC Bank, Amazon, Kohls to name a few. Again, not all of them, but any number of them are locked on a daily basis.

If I click on "Try Again" and go through that procedure (enter the password, etc.) The Account Locked message goes away (Until the next day). I have never had to delete and re-add.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Spotteddog

Thank you for the additional detailed information. Next time that this issue occurs, I would recommend validating the online biller(s). 

To validate your online biller select Bills & Income >Settings >Review and Repair >Review and Repair Online billers. A visual example is below. 

Hope this helps. Please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Paloma,
    I did the biller "review and repair" you requested and it found no errors.
    But I still have 1-3 different billers "Locked" every day I sign into Q.  It's not the same bills every time and if I click on "try again" it seems the fix the problem.

I know that most of my billers require a 2 Step verification, but I never get a prompt to enter a code from Q. This problem only started in the last few weeks Even though the 2 step verification has been required for years, it never interfered with Q until just recently.     
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello Spotteddog, 

Thank you for your response, although I apologize the problem is still persisting. If you have any current example(s) of the issue, could you take a screenshot? I know the "locked" billers change constantly but any example would be fine. Once I obtain these I can send a bug report to our service provider so that they may take a further look into it. 

For instructions on attaching a screenshot click here. Please note that you may need to drag the image file into the response box. 

Hope this helps. Again I apologize for the nuisance. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma