Costco Anywhere Citi Visa will not download

I have tried everything, and I still cannot get Quicken for mac to download my Costco Anywhere Citi Visa. I have called both institutions' support and they, of course, blame the other. Can anyone help and get this working?

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2021
    Deleted, since garysmith87's answer is much more complete than mine was.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    To get Costco Anywhere Visa or a Citi Cards credit card, you MUST do the following:

1 Make sure your account in Quicken is DISCONNECTED from downloads.

2 Re-connect your account in Quicken.  When prompted for the Financial Institution, select Citi Cards.  Do NOT select Costco Anywhere nor Citi.  It MUST be Citi Cards.

3 Do NOT select Continue after selecting Citi Cards.  Select OPTIONS.  Select Direct Connect as the connection type.  DO NOT GO FURTHER at this time.  Keep Quicken Mac open. 

4 Enter your citi.com user ID and password.

5 Go to citi.com.  Log in using the same ID and password.  Click on Profile, then More Settings, then Manage Desktop Apps, then click on Add Access.

6 Go back to Quicken Mac and click Continue.  After a short time, Quicken should find your Costco account.  Make sure you LINK the account that shows to the account name in your Quicken Mac data file.  DO NOT select ADD.  

You should now be up and running.  You may see duplicate transactions in your Quicken data file after the first download.  Delete the new duplicates.  Also, double check your Starting Balance for accuracy (the first entry in your register) and check for any NEW Starting Balance entries in the register.  Delete the new Starting Balance entry...or edit the first Starting Balance if incorrect.  
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    This problem is also on the Windows side, because the problem is at Citi.  It has been found that recently if one changes their password or deactivating and goes to reactivate, or tries to setup a new account, it will not work even with "Citi Cards" and using Direct Connect.  It will always reject the username/passwords.

Existing accounts aren't affect if they are "Citi Cards" Direct Connect.  But if they are setup with Citibank/Quicken Connect (called Express Web Connect on Quicken Windows) this might fail even for existing accounts.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.