how do display the security name instead of the symbol in portfolio view

My Quicken is now displaying only the ticker symbol instead of the investment name. How do I change it back?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Open the portfolio view, select Customize, uncheck Show symbols in name column, and select OK.

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Specifically where is this happening?  Are you talking about a report?  If so, you you need to customize the report by clicking the gear icon on the top of the report and on the display tab select "security" rather than "symbol".

If it is not a report please be very specific about what exact spot you are talking about since I don't know of any spot within the investing tab where you can remove the security name.  You can add the symbol but the name is there automatically.
  • Mark279
    Mark279 Member ✭✭
    It happens in portfolio view only. The security list and the account overview list the name, the symbol and the CUSIP ID. The happened when I downloaded my statements into quicken and it listed the securities as the CUSIP ID only. Started to edit the securities under security view but they are dozens of transactions and editing them does not display the name, only the CUSIP ID. This has made it impossible to reconcile these accounts.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Open the portfolio view, select Customize, uncheck Show symbols in name column, and select OK.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock beat me to it.  That seems like it might be the issue.  Just not sure why downloading would have caused it. Was that the first time you downloaded investing transactions?  Were these all new securities?
  • Mark279
    Mark279 Member ✭✭
    Thank you both. Looked for that but totally missed the customize button. The action corrected some of the securities, but not all. And bmciance: Yes, it started when I first downloaded transactions and yes, the securities that did not convert with Sherlock's suggestion were all new securities never before purchased. Not certain how to correct it because reconciliation is a mess, The balance is off.

Have a meeting so will not be able to look for your answers until late today. Thank you for your help. Hope it can be solved. There are over 100 transactions in each of three accounts.
  • Mark279
    Mark279 Member ✭✭
    Oh wait. I can go into editing the CUSIP ID under edit securities and then the portfolios show the name of the investment. Thank you for your valuable suggestions.
  • Mark279
    Mark279 Member ✭✭
    Sorry, Sherlock and bmcianc I hit the wrong answers in my haste. Both of you helped me solve this.