want to get an itemized and totaled up report, for different categories

Options
pdxmaven
pdxmaven Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I know I"ve done this before but now can't remember how I did it.
doing 2020 taxes. Have all business expenses categorized.
I can pull up all the transactions over 2020 in a category.
How do I get a report that shows them all, and adds them up for me?
And to print that report

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I suggest you consider using a customized Itemized Categories report: select Reports > Spending > Itemized Categories and Last Year in the Date range: pull down menu.
    To print a report, press Ctrl + P.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @pdxmaven

There are probably a couple of ways to get what you need.

One way would be to use a tax report.  If you go to "Reports" > "Tax" > "Tax Schedule" that will give you a report by tax schedule (such as Schedule A - Itemized Deductions, Schedule B - Interest and Dividend Income, and Schedule C- Business Income & Deductions - which seems to be the one that you need).  You could also make a customized report - especially if you are only looking for several specific categories - by   going to "Reports" > Spending > Spending by Category and then selecting the categories that you need.  And if you are using the "Home, Business & Rental Property" version, you also could go to "Reports" > "Business" > and select from a number of different reports, including "Schedule C- Profit or Loss form Business" and "Tax Schedule" for the business.

Those are top of the head ideas, but the reporting features of Quicken are pretty flexible so I suggest that you try a few different approaches to get what you need.  Also please feel free to post back if you encounter any problems or need more specific help.

Good luck!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• pdxmaven
    pdxmaven Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    This is the original poster. Thanks Frankx and Sherlock for your help. After a huge frustrating amount of time with CHAT, I finally got it. The reports I am looking for (at least the way I do my taxes, which is category by category) are accessed through the "gear" icon in the upper Right, then "more reports" and then I make a custom report for the correct dates. And there is what I need. WHEW!
This discussion has been closed.