Citibank / Citi Card Still not working

I just read that this issue was fixed, yet I still cant login. Ive followed all the troubleshooting steps, deleted stored password, deleted stored online details, tried starting fresh with new online login. I get "" Sorry, we've encountered an error - its not your fault" message.. When will this be resolved? It was working fine.

Comments

• Hello @Chadschloss78,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community and tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Aside from the error message you are receiving, do you also happen to receive any specific error code(s) associated with the message that you could provide us with here, please? Also, which connection method are you using to connect (Express Web Connect or Direct Connect)?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• vvlee
    vvlee Member
    Dear Quicken Anja,

When I tried to connect to my Citibank account, there wasn't any prompt asking me anything about the connection options. It just asked me for my Citibank user ID and password. The connection failed and I got an CC-502 error.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    vvlee said:
    Dear Quicken Anja,

When I tried to connect to my Citibank account, there wasn't any prompt asking me anything about the connection options. It just asked me for my Citibank user ID and password. The connection failed and I got an CC-502 error.
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898164/citi-bank-citi-cards-cc-502-102

Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • > Hello @Chadschloss78,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community and tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > Aside from the error message you are receiving, do you also happen to receive any specific error code(s) associated with the message that you could provide us with here, please? Also, which connection method are you using to connect (Express Web Connect or Direct Connect)?
    >
    > Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

No errors at all, exactly what I listed - Tried to create a new citi account, same thing. Can't send you a screenshot on here, but if you list an email address I can send one.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    > Hello @Chadschloss78,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community and tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > Aside from the error message you are receiving, do you also happen to receive any specific error code(s) associated with the message that you could provide us with here, please? Also, which connection method are you using to connect (Express Web Connect or Direct Connect)?
    >
    > Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

No errors at all, exactly what I listed - Tried to create a new citi account, same thing. Can't send you a screenshot on here, but if you list an email address I can send one.
    To send a screenshot on here, drag and drop the file onto a comment's text entry box.
  • kevinmartin4282
    kevinmartin4282 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I have lost the capability of updating my "Citibank" card. I continue to receive the error code "#CC502, try back later" I have been trying for over 4 days now. Please let me know what to do??
    [Removed - Personal Info]
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have lost the capability of updating my "Citibank" card. I continue to receive the error code "#CC502, try back later" I have been trying for over 4 days now. Please let me know what to do??
    [Removed - Personal Info]
    If you insist on using the Express Web Connect connection method, I suggest you follow the guidance offered in: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898164/citi-bank-citi-cards-cc-502-102
  • Changed my citi card password on Sept. 10 and haven't been able to update . Deactivated citi card in quicken, and tried to set up as a new account. consistently getting cc502 for 3 days now, various times of day.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

We currently are experiencing issues with Citibank/Citicards receiving CC502/102 errors. This is something we're currently aware of and are looking into. We currently do not have an ETA. If you would like to follow the issue you can do so by clicking the ribbon to the right of the title on the link down below. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898164/citi-bank-citi-cards-cc-502-102

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • TomTerrific
    TomTerrific Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. Quicken support has opened tickets six times and I've spent 7 hours on the phone with them, and no results or explanations yet!
  • txfeinbergs
    txfeinbergs Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. I can't access my Costco card which is a Citi card. It keeps complaining about either my password being wrong (it isn't), or not being able to connect to card services.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here. I can't access my Costco card which is a Citi card. It keeps complaining about either my password being wrong (it isn't), or not being able to connect to card services.
    My Costco card is working fine.  Have you set it up with the financial institution as Citi Cards, and Direct Connect?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • txfeinbergs
    txfeinbergs Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Costco card does NOT work, and yes, I set it up as you indicated.

I get a CC-502 error as follows: What you should know
    Quicken can't add this account because the Citi Cards website is temporarily unavailable.
    Please try again in a few hours. Thank you for your patience!

The thing is, the site is NOT unavailable.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Costco card does NOT work, and yes, I set it up as you indicated.

I get a CC-502 error as follows: What you should know
    Quicken can't add this account because the Citi Cards website is temporarily unavailable.
    Please try again in a few hours. Thank you for your patience!

The thing is, the site is NOT unavailable.
    If you haven't already, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of the register (open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab), clear the name of the financial institution (on the General tab), and select OK.  Next, select Tools > Add Account..., enter Citi Cards, select Advanced Options, choose Direct Connect, ...  After you have provided the authentication credentials, Quicken should obtain the credit card account and allow you to link it to the existing register.

Note: You may need to enable access for Quicken: sign in to the Citi web site, select Profile > More Settings and Manage Desktop Apps
  • txfeinbergs
    txfeinbergs Member ✭✭
    I appreciate you trying to help and I actually went through your steps several times, but there is something fundamentally broken with Citi Bank's site with regards to passwords. I can login without issue to their site on the web, but not through Direct Connect, or Express Connect. I even went through the steps to add Direct Connect to Citi with the 10 minute timer but that failed as well (and actually, it showed I already had access with the last successful access on 9/15 - the last time this worked). If this doesn't get fixed in the next few days, I will have to jump ship I am afraid.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just so you know errors starting with CC- are Express Web Connect errors.  Direct Connect errors start with OL-.
    Signature:
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate you trying to help and I actually went through your steps several times, but there is something fundamentally broken with Citi Bank's site with regards to passwords. I can login without issue to their site on the web, but not through Direct Connect, or Express Connect. I even went through the steps to add Direct Connect to Citi with the 10 minute timer but that failed as well (and actually, it showed I already had access with the last successful access on 9/15 - the last time this worked). If this doesn't get fixed in the next few days, I will have to jump ship I am afraid.
    I don't doubt Intuit's Express Web Connect servers are having issues with accessing Citi Bank's web site on your behalf as indicated by the CC-502 error.  Those of us that have been accessing our accounts using Citi Cards with the Direct Connect connection method have not had any issues.  What is the error code you're receiving when you fail to set up the Direct Connect connection method?
  • txfeinbergs
    txfeinbergs Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Invalid password so I can never get it set up. It seems to be an issue with the Plaid interconnect. I just tried [another product] and it couldn't connect either [removed - inaccurate/speculation]  I then tried [a second different product] and it worked fine (using the same password the other services can't process). I have been using Quicken for about 5 years now, so I sure hope they can get this fixed in the next few days before I switch back to [the other product] (which I abandoned for Quicken 5 years ago due to the ads... but at this point, at least it works).
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Invalid password so I can never get it set up. It seems to be an issue with the Plaid interconnect. I just tried [another product] and it couldn't connect either [removed - inaccurate/speculation]  I then tried [a second different product] and it worked fine (using the same password the other services can't process). I have been using Quicken for about 5 years now, so I sure hope they can get this fixed in the next few days before I switch back to [the other product] (which I abandoned for Quicken 5 years ago due to the ads... but at this point, at least it works).
    If you haven't already, you may want try simplifying the password.  Sometimes the financial institution's profile provided to Quicken restricts the passwords valid characters or length inappropriately.
  • txfeinbergs
    txfeinbergs Member ✭✭
    Another good suggestion, but nope, not even that helped. I am at a dead end until Quicken gets this resolved (and given my yearly renewal is in 27 days, whether that happens or not will depend on resolution to this issue).
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Another good suggestion, but nope, not even that helped. I am at a dead end until Quicken gets this resolved (and given my yearly renewal is in 27 days, whether that happens or not will depend on resolution to this issue).
    Well, until they do, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method.  Good luck.
  • TomTerrific
    TomTerrific Member ✭✭
    I've opened 6 support tickets on this issue and none have been any help. City Cards says they never heard of Direct Connect-- that it's Quicken's problem. Poor tech support. I've given up trying (since Sept. 4).
  • TomTerrific
    TomTerrific Member ✭✭
    See earlier post. I was originally using Web Express Connect when it stopped working.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    See earlier post. I was originally using Web Express Connect when it stopped working.
    "Web Connect" is where you go to the financial institution download a Web Connect/QFX file, and import it into Quicken.  The "Express" in Express Web Connect means for the Intuit servers to basically do that for you by logging in to the website as you and download/import the QFX or in some cases in another format and convert it to what Quicken can use.
    Signature:
  • TomTerrific
    TomTerrific Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    [removed - no soliciting]
  • TomTerrific
    TomTerrific Member ✭✭
    Citicards direct connect is suddenly working this morning (9/26/21). Hopefully it continues. (It's working for me even though I had not used Direct Connect previously. It has not worked for the past couple weeks.)
  • TomTerrific
    TomTerrific Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    [removed - off-topic]
  • And connections to Citibank are now also working (at least for me).
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Citi restored the connects late last night for both Citibank for Express Web Connect/checking/savings accounts and Citi Cards for Direct Connect/credit cards.
    Signature:
  • Still not working for me . No error codes. Can’t direct connect. Tried making a new citi card account in quicken and that still doesn’t work