Error when adding Wealthfront investment account to Quicken for Mac subcription

Options
Cannot add Wealthfront account. Do not understand the error message:
-Server Communication Error
-Warning
-There was a problem during communication with our servers:
-Can't setup 'Wealthfront Inc.'
-OK (DISCOVERED_ACCOUNTS_READY_FOR_USER)

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @socrates,

I have not seen any other posts about Wealthfront investment accounts having "add account" issues.  Since its a communication error it could be something that is temporary , so I would suggest that you wait a while and try to add the account again.  If you still get this error, I'd suggest you contact Quicken Support via this LINK, so they can troubleshoot this problem.

Let us know how this works out.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• socrates
    socrates Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've tried over the past week several times. Nothing changes. Same error each time.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @socrates I'm not expert on this, but I've seen in other cases where "DISCOVERED_ACCOUNTS_READY_FOR_USER" means that it can connect to the financial institution, but your login there requires some action in order to allow a third-party application like Quicken to log into your account. Sometimes this is getting a 2-factor authentication code; sometimes this requires checking a box or having the financial institution customer service enable your account for Quicken. Again, I have no knowledge of Wealthfront, but I'd try logging into your account there and seeing if there is any message, or any place in your profile or security settings to enable access for Quicken.

If you find nothing, then it's a matter of proceeding with customer service on both fronts: contact Wealthfront to ask if there's anything you or they need to do to enable login via Quicken for downloading your data, and then contacting Quicken Support to have them look at the logs and see if they can figure out what's wrong, or document it to pass this issue to their connectivity team.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • socrates
    socrates Member ✭✭
    Options
    @jacobs I think you are right this is MFA related. I'll be contacting Wealthfront for next steps. Right now, I'm just doing manual download to keep account synced. Thank you for your insight.
This discussion has been closed.