Monitoring my TD Ameritrade Activity

I have a subscription to Quicken Starter Edition. I have 3 existing TD Ameritrade accounts that I am able to download information from so that I can monitor any activity on those accounts. I have recently added 2 more TD Ameritrade accounts but I am unable to add them for download. When I try to add them, TD Ameritrade does not show up in the financial institutions. I do see "TD Ameritrade 529 Collet Savings" as an option. I tried setting it up using that option and once it even asked me my security questions, but then it just said, "Oops, We're having a problem. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to connect to the Quicken servers at this time. Do not contact TD Ameritrade 529 College Savings for assistance. They cannot fix this problem. Please try again in a few hours. Thank you for your patience." I have tried this for several days with the same response.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure exactly what the limitations of Starter are for investing accounts, but I believe it does not let you create new online investing accounts. You would need Deluxe for that.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how you are able to have investment accounts in Quicken Starter since it doesn't support any type of accounts other than regular banking (checking, savings and credit cards)  Are you sure you have Starter?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if you have investing accounts that were created using Deluxe or higher, you can continue to use them in Starter but you cannot create new accounts.

I would hope that the error messaging would be more informative than what @BJBJ describes.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that you can still use your existing investment accounts.  At one point we were told that they would go read-only for a downgrade to Starter edition (but I just checked and they aren't read-only).

But for sure you aren't going to be able to create account types not supported by the Starter edition.
    For Starter:

For Premier:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • BJBJ
    BJBJ Member
    Thanks everyone... I thought that might be the case, but since I am still able to monitor my existing accounts, I thought it might be possible to add the new accounts.