Several accounts are not being updated using Quicken Update

I have downloaded transactions from 9 institutions covering 13 different accounts for several years. Suddenly, only 2 accounts appear in the download summary. Checking the missing accounts websites, several show transactions that should have been downloaded. I can download a qfx file directly from the bank and the "missing" transactions are downloaded and appear in the Quicken register.

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @Leslie Lewis

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions, especially given the broad scope of your current problems.  I agree that you should contact Quicken Support - here's a LINK.

And have faith - hopefully Q Support will be able to fix your problems!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Leslie Lewis
    Leslie Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    I spent nearly three hours on the phone with the most helpful and patient support representative I've ever worked with from Quicken. He resolved the problem!

Before starting, (1) backup the file and (2) create a copy of the file. The copied file is the one that will be fixed.

For every account, even those that were working, go to the account details screen and select “online services.” Deactivate the online information, and return to the account details screen. Delete the account number and bank information if it is still there.

From the “tools” menu, select add an account. Choose the institution of the account with which you want to reconnect. Follow the normal procedure of entering user name and password. Quicken will eventually return with the account(s) found at the institution. Select “link to an existing account”. Quicken will finish the process of adding the account(s).

It’s a tedious process as you need to do it for each account. When all are entered and reconnected, click update and review the results. If a problem exists for an account, repeat the process.

I hope this helps anyone who has a similar issue.

Thanks for all your advice.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Leslie Lewis,

Can you tell us which version of both Quicken and Windows you are currently running?  Are you getting any error codes in Quicken for the accounts that no longer download?  Are there any common threads with the financial institutions that are no longer downloading - for example do they use the same download method? Are the two that do download with the same financial institution? Also, have you seen any other issues with your Quicken datafile since the downloading issues?

Please get back to us on these questions and feel free to provide any additional information that you think may be helpful.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Thanks for replying.
    I use Windows 10 home, Version 21H1, OS build 19043.1237 and Quicken Premier, Version R35.31, Build 27.1.35.31.
    Two different institutions update correctly. One only has a single account linked while the other has four accounts. The remaining do not update unless I download the qfx. I have attached a pdf file with screen shots that displays the issue. The names of the various institutions are redacted.
    I look forward to your response.
    (I have several issues paying bills directly from Quicken. As a result, I disabled that function and only connect with my accounts to download the information. I do not think that the main issue described above is related and I have been using Quicken for at least 20 years with no problem.)
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Leslie Lewis

For the many accounts that you now download .qfx files for - can you please go to the "Account Details" page > and the "Online Services" tab and tell me whether it indicates "Your Financial Institution supports an improved connection method" (see Snip below)

If it does, have you recently clicked on the "Click here to find out more and get setup"?

If you haven't I suggest that should be your next step in trying to improve your downloading of information on your accounts.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

• Some of the accounts suggest a better connection is available. I go through the steps to enter my existing user name and password. It's rejected. Other accounts do not say anything about a better connection, but they too are not working.

Once again, I appreciate you efforts. Do you have other ideas or shall I bite the bullet and call Quicken (shudder)?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @Leslie Lewis

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions, especially given the broad scope of your current problems.  I agree that you should contact Quicken Support - here's a LINK.

And have faith - hopefully Q Support will be able to fix your problems!

Frankx

• Leslie Lewis
    Leslie Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    I spent nearly three hours on the phone with the most helpful and patient support representative I've ever worked with from Quicken. He resolved the problem!

Before starting, (1) backup the file and (2) create a copy of the file. The copied file is the one that will be fixed.

For every account, even those that were working, go to the account details screen and select “online services.” Deactivate the online information, and return to the account details screen. Delete the account number and bank information if it is still there.

From the “tools” menu, select add an account. Choose the institution of the account with which you want to reconnect. Follow the normal procedure of entering user name and password. Quicken will eventually return with the account(s) found at the institution. Select “link to an existing account”. Quicken will finish the process of adding the account(s).

It’s a tedious process as you need to do it for each account. When all are entered and reconnected, click update and review the results. If a problem exists for an account, repeat the process.

I hope this helps anyone who has a similar issue.

Thanks for all your advice.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Leslie Lewis , IF in your graphic immediately above the birthdate shown for your mother is accurate ... it's the same day as MY mother's birthdate.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP