Unable to access GTE Financial

Arg
Arg Member ✭✭
For the past week or so I am unable to log on to GTE Financial to download account info. I am able to do so outside of quicken so it is NOT a login issue. It is a Quicken issue. Please review. Thanks.

https://www.gtefinancial.org

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Arg & @canoe32,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please review this error-specific support article regarding error CC-502.

As stated at the bottom of the article, if the error persists after 24 hours or more, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to find the internal error and file for an escalation if they see fit.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• canoe32
    canoe32 Member ✭✭✭
    I have been unable to complete a One Step Update from GTE Financial since last week. The OSU fails with error code CC-502. Downloading the QFX file from the website is my current workaround.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Arg & @canoe32,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please review this error-specific support article regarding error CC-502.

As stated at the bottom of the article, if the error persists after 24 hours or more, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to find the internal error and file for an escalation if they see fit.

-Quicken Anja

• GTE Financial recently added a Captcha question to their logon process. Immediately after you enter logon and password, you're asked to click a box that asks if you're human. This new field has obviously broken the Quicken screen scraping process. My guess is that the change wasn't coordinated with Quicken Support.
  • Arg
    Arg Member ✭✭
    Thanks Gene, for your response. I don't get the Captcha question during the logon process when I logon to GTE Financial directly, so I doubt this is the issue.
  • Arg
    Arg Member ✭✭
    Anja, I read the support article regarding error CC-502 and tried to update the account individually as the article suggested. But, still received the error. Please note this is NOT a banking outage either so this needs to be investigated by Quicken rather than assume it's user error or a "known" issue. Thank you.
  • canoe32
    canoe32 Member ✭✭✭
    No Captcha question when I log in.
  • Quicken Anja
    Arg said:
    Anja, I read the support article regarding error CC-502 and tried to update the account individually as the article suggested. But, still received the error. Please note this is NOT a banking outage either so this needs to be investigated by Quicken rather than assume it's user error or a "known" issue. Thank you.
    Thank you for your response.

We advise users experiencing this error to contact Quicken Support directly so our support agents can collect log files in order to have an investigation opened. The more log files we are able to collect from multiple users experiencing the same error with the same financial institution, the better.

I hope this clarifies things! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• TpaRob
    TpaRob Member
    I have been unable to download data from GTE for over three weeks now. I have called Quicken support three times now with the last call lasting over an hour and a half. I have twice sent in log files. No resolution yet.
  • Hello @TpaRob,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion.

I took the liberty of reviewing your account and tickets with support and can confirm that your log files have been collected and escalated. Your ticket number for your interaction with support is T-8851144 and your escalation ticket number is T-8851224 which currently shows that it is still open and in progress. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA on when a resolution will be available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime, though we appreciate your patience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• QUICKEN - WHEN WILL CONNECTION TO GTE FINANCIAL BE RESOLVED? This has been going on since the end of July. Please provide your users a status as to when we will be able to use your Quicken product once again?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @TheeDJonesI'm not sure what response do you expect when a Quicken moderator just posted before you did that "Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA on when a resolution will be available."

As Anja wrote, there is a ticket open with Intuit, who manages connectivity services for Quicken. Often the Quicken people don't actually know the detailed status of a financial institution outage. Some fixes require the financial institution to make changes, some require Intuit to make changes, and some require both to make changes; we at the consumer level never find out what the problem was or how it was resolved.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • canoe32
    canoe32 Member ✭✭✭
    I have been downloading the QFX file from GTE as a workaround. I don't know if it is related to this problem, but I have lately experienced some weird behavior from their website using Chromium based browsers (Edge and Chrome). Logging in reloads the login screen again, "your session has expired" popup appears after a few seconds, or pages load with elements of other pages. The Firefox browser, so far, has been working flawlessly.
This discussion has been closed.