Uncategorized Transaction Showing Up on Home Page

This discussion was created from comments split from: Phantom Uncategorized Transaction (Q Mac).

Comments

• Jay E
    Jay E Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I have a single uncategorized transaction showing up on my home page. It has been there for months. I can't modify it in any way. It always shows today's date. Every area is blank except the date. I have all the latest updates. I use Windows 10.

I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with a customer support person at Quicken for this issue and another. He took over my computer 5 different times but could not fix either issue. Luckily I had backed up Quicken 1 hour before the call started because , when he finished with me Quicken was so messed up I could barely recognize it. I restored to my back up and I was OK He said, "MAYBE an update will fix it". [Removed - Sarcasm] He also told me to report both problems through "report a problem" in the help area which I did complete with screen shots and detailed descriptions of the problems. I have received no follow up from Quicken regarding the call or my reporting. I have no idea whether they even received it.

I rarely if ever call for help. This experience does not make me inclined to do so in the future. I can't even find an email address of anyone to complain to. Anybody have any thoughts on all this?
    Thanks
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Jay E

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your file. I'd like to see what would happen if we were to create a copy of your file then try validating that new file. This should give us a better idea of what could be happening. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so. It'll be the fourth step down on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Note: to copy the file you can do so by going file > copy or backup file. For validating you'll go file > validate and repair.

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Jay E
    Jay E Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion but the link does not appear to be up to date as the steps didn’t really correlate with what I was seeing on my screen. It’s a bit over my head anyway.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

This discussion has been closed.