Syncing w/ Edward Jones and Fidelity

For over six months I haven't been able to sync accounts with Edward Jones or Fidelity. I've tried everything suggested in other posts and the trouble shooting instruction provided by tech support. Nothing is resolving the issue connecting. At this point I just don't see the value in paying for a product that doesn't work. Can Quicken at least acknowledge that there is an issue and that you're unable to fix?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not aware of any general issue going on with either of these Financial Institutions (FIs).  Perhaps you could provide some additional information so that I and/or others can offer some assistance?
    • What edition of Quicken (Starter, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business) are you using?
    • Which version do you have installed?  (Help > About Quicken)
    • Are you able to successfully download from other FIs?
    • Are you getting an error code(s)?  If so, what are they?
    • Which Fidelity and Edward Jones set up links are you trying to set up with?
    • What type(s) of accounts are you trying to download...brokerage, IRA, 401K, credit card, etc.?
    • Do you have special characters in the passwords for these FIs?
    Answering these questions will provide a good place to start the troubleshooting process(es).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    JohnA123 said:
    … I've tried everything suggested in other posts and the trouble shooting instruction provided by tech support. …
    How about telling what those were so that we don't suggest trying them again?
    I successfully download from Edward Jones routinely.  Every once in awhile, I will get an error, but logging into the EJ website to refresh which IP address they detect (they use it to approve which computers are okay to download).
    I don't have Fidelity, so no advice with them.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• JohnA123
    JohnA123 Member ✭✭
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7895354/edward-jones-fidelity-discover-card-all-experiencing-ol-295-a-errors#latest
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try my suggestion?  The stuff you have tried so far is generic and not specific to EJ.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had any problems with Fidelity Investments or Fidelity NetBenefits.   

If you're experiencing issues with all financial institution's using the Direct Connect connection method, the issue is likely to be in your environment.  Are you using a VPN? 

Otherwise, I suggest contact the financial institution.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run OSU on multiple Fidelity accounts 1-2 times a day and have not experienced any issues doing so in quite some time so I do not think it is an issue with Quicken or Fidelity.
    Each of the 3 FIs that were identified in the earlier post thread have multiple set up links in Quicken and the type of accounts being set up can determine which set up links are to be used.  For instance, for a Fidelity brokerage or IRA account the Fidelity Investments link needs to be used.  But if it is a 401K account the Fidelity Net Benefits link needs to be used.  And if it is a Fidelity Rewards credit card account the most trouble-free link to use is the Elan Financial link (not Fidelity Investments nor Fidelity Rewards Credit Card.
    It could also be very helpful to get responses to the other questions I asked earlier.
    That all being said, I agree that if there are multiple DC FIs having the same error code it is likely a local environment issue, not a FI issue.  I supposed it could also be an installation corruption issue that an uninstall/reinstall might resolve.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• JohnA123
    JohnA123 Member ✭✭
    I guess what's confusing is that for many months both accounts were syncing up just fine, with no issues. Then overnight, at the same time, syncing broke. I've spoken to EJ and they do not see any issues on their end. I often login to both sites without any issue.
  • JohnA123
    JohnA123 Member ✭✭
    It may be worth noting that the error messages states the "Your financial institution has rejected this transaction."
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried as suggested to login to the EJ website immediately before running the Quicken OSU?
    Also, make sure that the EJ connection is Direct Connect.