Cannot Exit Add Transaction (on Q Mobile)

Start add transaction, but want to cancel and "go back." Left arrow at top of add screen inoperative

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Bob Carver

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your mobile application. I was attempting to see if I had a similar issue but did not. What device are you using? Did this start happening recently after an update?  Have you attempted any troubleshooting just yet?  If not we can attempt to delete and reinstall the application to see if that might resolve the issue we're having. 

Once you get a chance to try these steps let us know if you're able to get it working correctly again. If not let us know more and we'll see what we can attempt next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Bob Carver
    Bob Carver Member ✭✭
    Using iPhone. Cannot say if proximate to update. I did this week delete the app and download again from app store (re: a different issue). But I don't believe it's related to that. I should have noted that it is an intermittent issue. I suspect it occurs when starting to add a transaction and then wanting to cancel by exiting.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Bob Carver

Thanks for the update. I don't have an iPhone accessible to me currently once I do I can attempt to see if I can replicate a similar issue. Do you enter any details on the screen or can you just reach the screen and back out to make this issue appear? 

Once I get the chance I'll test this myself and let you know what I'm able to find.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Bob Carver
    Bob Carver Member ✭✭
    I think I may have identified the underlying issue. In general, to "exit/cancel" one need only tap on the < at the top left of the window. In most cases the < abuts the left side of the window. However, in other cases the < is subtly offset one or more spaces to the right. However, the "hot spot" for the tap remains against the left side. As such, tapping on the < does nothing whereas tapping on blank area to the left of the < works fine.
  • Bob Carver
    Bob Carver Member ✭✭
    See attached screenshot comparison
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Bob Carver

Thanks for the update and let us know you were able to find out the issue. In this case, I would recommend submitting feedback to the mobile team. You can do this by going into the mobile app and selecting the 3 lines in the top left. From there it'll let you submit your information to the mobile team via email. If they need more information they'll email you asking any other questions as well.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.