My printer is not Printing correctly

dickcook
dickcook Member
First I will say, I did not setup this configuration, my father did and he isn't able to assist me at this time. So here is the situation, I can send a check to the printer and it does print, however the 2nd line where the amount is spelled out does not fill the box properly. It is to low

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit more info is needed in order to assist you.
    1. Have checks ever printed accurately?
    2. From what vendor were the checks purchased?  Are they supposedly "Quicken compatible"?
    3. In Q, when you do FILE, Printer Setup, For Printing Checks, what is shown in the "Check Style" box?
    4. Lastly, what Q product are you running and what BUILD of that product?  This info is as HELP, About Quicken.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• dickcook
    dickcook Member
    Yes, They printed correctly recently, I was able to confirm printing by looking at the bank account online.
    The checks were ordered from www.intuimarket.com
    they are portrait 3 to a page
    Check Style" box is Standard Checks
    Version R35.31 Build 27.35.31
    Silly me I updated this morning
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    What about the other fields on the check? Do they print exactly where they should be and as shown in the sample image in https://intuitmarket.intuit.com/checks/standard-checks or do they print too low, too?
    If everything prints too low, go into File / Printer Setup / For printing checks and perform the form alignment tests. Print alignment samples on blank paper, then hold the printed sample over a blank check form and review results by shining a light thru the paper from the back.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try changing the "Check Style" to "Wallet checks (Check 21 Image compatible"

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• dickcook
    dickcook Member
    everything except the amount spelled out is in the correct place. I tried the alignment adjusting and it helped some but never made it so the spelled out amount could be read. I will try the wallet check.
  • dickcook
    dickcook Member
    I tried to change to wallet as suggested and it would not work, the positing was not correct.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

How to Repair Printer Setup:

Try resetting your printer definitions in Quicken and then redefine the printer:

For Quicken for Windows versions 2009 and older:

• Close Quicken
    • Use Windows File Explorer to locate and rename the file
      C:\Users\_username_\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\Quicken\Config\WPR.DAT to WPR.OLD
    • Now set up your printer again, as described below. The WPR.DAT file will be recreated next time you start Quicken.

For Quicken for Windows 2010 until Quicken Subscription (US, 2021) R33:

• Click File / File Operations / Validate and Repair. Click "Reset Quicken Printer Settings", then click OK.
    • Now set up your printer (see below)

For Quicken for Windows Subscription (US, 2021) R34 and newer:

• Click File / Validate and Repair. Click "Reset Quicken Printer Settings", then click OK.
    • Now set up your printer (see below)

Printer Setup (all versions):

• Close and restart Quicken (might not be necessary, but it can't hurt)
    • In Quicken click File / Printer Setup / For Printing  and visit all selections as needed
      (a) for Reports,
      (b) for Checks,
      (c) for Invoices [Quicken H&B, RPM users only]
      and define your printer.

If you're printing checks, do not forget to select the correct check style.

• For 3-per-page personal size checks choose "Wallet Checks (Check 21 ...)", not "Wallet Checks" (unless you still use some very old stock from many years ago)
    • For 3-per-page business size checks choose "Standard Checks", not "Voucher Checks".
    • For 1-per-page business size checks with 2 stubs choose "Voucher Checks".
    • Canadian users need to choose between 2 layout styles, e.g., old style "Voucher" vs. new style "Voucher - Image ready".

Additional things to check:

• If you are printing a logo (image) on your checks, click the Logo button and make sure that your logo image file is still where Quicken expects it to be.
    • Also choose the proper features for printing partial pages when using 3-per-page stock.
    • Users of continuous forms on dot matrix printers: Be sure to select "Continuous Forms" instead of "Page-oriented".
    • Laser / inkjet sheet-fed printers: select paper size 8.5*11", standard paper. Do not use any "Auto detect" or photo print settings.
    • If checks print OK on one computer but do not align properly on another computer, compare printer settings, printer port selections and installed printer driver versions.
    • Download and install the latest printer driver directly from the manufacturer's website. The driver that comes with your Windows installation may not be up to date.
    • Make sure that at least one of your printers is marked as Windows Default Printer ... doesn't have to be the one you want to use with Quicken, but you need at least one marked Default Printer
    • In some of the newer versions of Windows 10 you may also need to do this:
      Go into Windows Settings or Control Panel, Printers & Scanners.
      Uncheck "Let Windows manage my default printer".

• dickcook
    dickcook Member
    I have resolved the problem. I called support and they walked me through a reset of printer settings. I then changed the alignment. Thank you for the assistance
This discussion has been closed.