Park Community Credit Union stopped working after new website

They changed to a totally new (& better) website design but since then, I can no longer connect. Quicken says Park need to fix it & Park says just download a csv file. So not only does it not work, it seems like no one is willing to even look into it. Unsure if I'm going to drop Quicken, the bank or both but I am extremely frustrated with all.

I assume that Park just purchased this package & other smaller institutions use the same system. Is Quicken support no longer considered important?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

> "I assume that Park just purchased this package & other smaller institutions use the same system. Is Quicken support no longer considered important?"
    That's a question you need to ask the bank's upper management level.

Have you tried this yet?

If your bank recently changed their website or password requirements please read and follow instructions here:
    Quicken Uses Incorrect URL for Online Banking

For online billers please see if you can manage (remove and re-add) the online biller, to see if their profile has already been updated.

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider, Intuit, of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change in a timely fashion and detail any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access after the change was introduced.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's or biller's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  during posted hours of operation and report this Online Banking issue, so that Quicken Support can escalate this issue to Intuit Inc.  Ultimately, however, the bank or biller must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

• Well, I guess this answers the question... At least they don't consider it an important benefit. Really disappointed because they didn't offer a heads up. One day it worked & the next day it didn't! I have credit cards & accounts over 10 different companies. I like doing one update and seeing everything there. Unsure where to turn now.

----

09-15-2021 01:11 pm
    Hi, love the new site but what do I need to do to get Quicken to download again? It is giving me the CC-503 error. Thanks
    CU
    09-15-2021 01:28 pm
    Good afternoon, I apologize but we don't have the QFI format. You can download the CVS format to upload into Quicken. Thank you, Park Community CU
    JH
    09-16-2021 11:04 am
    Web connect in Quicken worked fine on old site. If I can no longer download my transactions directly, this is going to make managing my money harder. Quicken cannot import cvs files. I have talked to their support & they said to contact you.
    CU
    09-16-2021 11:36 am
    Hello, Unfortunately, we do not have the Quicken function any longer. At this time, I'm unaware if we will be adding it in the near future. Thank you!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if that was the bank I'm doing business with, I'd contact upper level management.
    If their response was negative or wishy-washy-we-don't-care-about-you, I'd start moving my business to another bank.
    But that's just my 2¢.
  • Really disappointing. Especially "I'm unaware"....Well, how about finding out? Real shame. I've been there for 20 years & their customer service is usually great. But if I can't get information out of their system, I'm going to have to move on. I use Quicken to manage my life, well, financially. To take it away without any notice is just bad.
  • jbharris
    jbharris Member
    After two weeks, downloading for checking & savings works but the credit card is classified as a checking account. Park says to contact Quicken & Quicken says to contact Park. I even tried opening a Mint account and that says the credit card account is a checking account also. Honestly, neither Quicken or Park seems overly concerned about getting it fixed. Instead of each telling me to contact the other, you would think they would be working directly together since I can't fix it. You would think I was asking both to look into an issue that only affects me while in reality, it has affected all of their cardholders.

I'll keep the card open so not to ding my credit score but I have already moved all of the automatic charges to another card & will just stop using it.

I worked in IT for 30 years. We always ran new software in dev environments and banged on them for months before moving them out in production. You would think testing a new site with the most widely used financial software would have been tested and debugged before turning it on.
  • A J
    A J Member ✭✭
    Like jbharris I have accounts with Park Community Credit Union for over 20+ years. I've used Quicken for almost the same amount of time. Since Park Community CU's change to their "New Digital Banking System" I too was not able to download my transactions. I contacted Park's customer support both online (see below) and by phone. Bottom line Park says Quicken needs to fix this and nothing they can do.

Now after over two weeks (Oct 4, 2021) of dealing with this issue, it appears that "Quicken's aggregation service" has learned Park's new banking platform but there is now a problem with the way Park has multiple "joint" accounts that display when accessing one's account. If you are a "joint owner" on say your wife's or parent's account, these accounts are shown under your own account even though the other joint accounts have different account numbers. They all have the same account ending number (ie: savings 0001, checking 0002, etc) so Quicken finds two or three accounts with the same numbers 0001, 0002 etc and reports that these as *Unsupported / Don't add to Quicken with no dropdown option boxes. If you have one account that has a higher ending number ie: 0004 that the other joint accounts don't have, Quicken does list it and allows you to match it with an existing account that it belongs to.

Talking to Park Community CU by phone concerning this issue they say that Quicken needs to find a way to "hide these joint accounts" from your own accounts and that there is nothing Park can do. Someone has dropped the ball here and not sure how it will be resolved yet. Hopefully Quicken can do something to filter out the joint accounts but this problem has been clearly created by Park Community CU's "new banking platform". If not then it is just more finger pointing with no resolutions. I'll send this to Park's customer support also so we are all on the same page.

AW
    09-16-2021 02:02 pm
    When will you allow login's through Quicken's Web Access to download transactions again? I have used this Quicken means to keep track of my banking for over 20 years and now you have cut it off with the new system. Very disappointing!
    CU
    09-16-2021 02:07 pm
    Hello, I am, unfortunately, unaware of a time frame for this function to be added in the near future. Thank you!
    AW
    09-17-2021 02:16 pm
    The Quicken Web Access was a function that worked just fine before this upgrade to the "New Digital Banking System". Why isn't it still available as before?
    CU
    09-17-2021 02:18 pm
    Hello, Please see the below message in regards to this: Since the transition to our new digital platform, many members have been contacting us about issues with their Quicken software connecting to their banking information. While we have not offered the Quicken file format since early this year, many members were still able to connect through Quicken’s aggregation service. This is a service that connects directly through the members online username and password. We are now just waiting for Quicken’s aggregation service to learn our new banking platform. We contacted Quicken well in advance of making the digital transition in order to do our part to make this process as expedient as possible. We apologize for your inconvenience and we are eagerly awaiting for Quickens updates to re-establish the service. Thank you!
  • jbharris
    jbharris Member
    The thing that baffles & irritates me is you know Park just purchased some pre-packaged banking website so why are they not going to their vendor and saying "Make it work!" Their lackadaisical attitude is kind of shocking considering how they are typically responsive and helpful. Now it is like "Yep, doesn't work. It may work again at some point but may not. Who knows...." They don't seem overly concerned about supporting Quicken or their customers....
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    My parents bank with Park Community and have been running into the same issues. No help from Park Community support, who just say they don't support Quicken anymore with no other details. They ended up switching banks this week as a result.
  • jbharris
    jbharris Member
    edited October 2021
    I have probably 10 accounts (investments, loans, checking, savings) with I guess around 6 or 7 companies. I actually go to an institution's website only to do a transfer or pay a bill and that might be 5 times a month. What I much rather do is load Quicken, hit Update and 2 minutes later, I can see everything right there. Park's new site is much better. I like that they added 2FA and the alert system is much better. But by breaking existing functionality with Quicken and having no answers to my legitimate concerns, they have really soured me on the new site. [Removed - Disruptive]
  • I got my accounts to update by deactivating and starting over. A pain with 7 accounts. Still asked for a 2 step verification. After I update Quicken yesterday, my accounts won't update. Nothing changed with Park, change was Quicken this time.