Columns in the Investing View

drventure
drventure Member ✭✭
edited October 2021 in Investing (Windows)
Just noticed that you can customize the selection of columns in the Investing view, which is nice.

BUT

The "More info" details elements of specific tickers aren't in the selection list. See the attached screen shots

For instance, the "Comments" under More Info when you bring up details on a specific ticker, doesn't show up in the list of values you can select for columns.

A number of the other elements don't show up either.

Am I missing something maybe?

Or is this more a feature request?

Darin
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Darin,

No, you aren't missing anything. 

The customization feature is intended to allow the user to easily make comparisons of various data points (some of which are values)  that are (typically) downloaded on a daily basis, so they can assess their investments (as well as other securities they may be "following") against other securities and the markets a users own expectations, targets or goals, over time.  The vast majority of the data points are dynamic, changing (in some cases every minute) when markets are open.

Being a long-time user, I have seen significant changes in this feature.  So, if you have any suggestions on additional data points or information that you think should be included, I'd suggest that you submit an "idea post" here in the Quicken Community.  Here's a LINK to the Windows "Product Ideas" area of the community where you can make your suggestions so that users can vote on them.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's correct.  Not everything from the Security Detail screens is available to add to the Investing Views.  Yes, you should submit it as a feature request if you would like to see additional columns available.  
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It seems a bit strange to me to want the comments on the Portfolio View.  With the exception of the name (or symbol) the rest of the fields are "active values" used for evaluating a securities performance, for the most totaled up and such like in a spreadsheet.  How do you add up a comment?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember that the lengthy text you might enter in a security's Comments box may not fit well in a Portfolio view column.

It might be nice if there was a Security Detail report, perhaps in a 1 page per security format, that had all or most of the information from the Security Detail view.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Darin,

No, you aren't missing anything. 

The customization feature is intended to allow the user to easily make comparisons of various data points (some of which are values)  that are (typically) downloaded on a daily basis, so they can assess their investments (as well as other securities they may be "following") against other securities and the markets a users own expectations, targets or goals, over time.  The vast majority of the data points are dynamic, changing (in some cases every minute) when markets are open.

Being a long-time user, I have seen significant changes in this feature.  So, if you have any suggestions on additional data points or information that you think should be included, I'd suggest that you submit an "idea post" here in the Quicken Community.  Here's a LINK to the Windows "Product Ideas" area of the community where you can make your suggestions so that users can vote on them.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• drventure
    drventure Member ✭✭
    @Frankx Many thanks. I've added an idea to the board. Thanks for the link.

@Chris_QPW True enough, but that should be up to the user. In my case I want to easily see notes about a particular symbol on my watch list and having to go through several screens to see it just doesn't work very well. Yes, most of the values are dynamic, but, that should be up to the user, which, for the most part it is.

Further, it'd be nice to group watchlist symbols by some field, say investment type,

Creating a report doesn't help much because reports aren't interactive at all whereas the Investing screen is.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For grouping the Watch list securities, the Watch List is a special built-in account. If you customize a view to include just the Watch List "account" then you can group the view by something else - Security type, Investing goal, Industry, etc. 
    QWin Premier subscription