How to get a graph with a title on a customized view-part II?

rrbeck11
rrbeck11 Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Reviving this older post as the answer previously given under this threadname was a poor workaround. I have a page setup with graphs of multiple accounts so I can see them at a glance compared to each other and not being able to distinguish them is a significant annoyance. Can we put this on the list of enhancements?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are apparently referencing this closed discussion
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7885002/how-to-get-a-graph-with-a-title-on-a-customized-view

I suggest you post your request in the Product Ideas section of this forum, here
    https://community.quicken.com/categories/reports-(windows)

You will maximize the interest in your request if you describe it clearly and completely.

Is your goal to compare the balances of several spending accounts? You might look at the Projected balances graph, either on the home screen or on the Bills and Income tab.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rrbeck11

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties with graph/report customization. Just to clarify, what you are wanting to achieve is for each individual graph to have its own title or the set you are comparing side by side? 

There is a way you can rename the tile of your graph. Once you have the graph and report pulled up select Customize report >Display. On this tab, you can change and save the title desired. A visual example is below. 

Please let us know if this helps and of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Paloma, the post referred to by @rrbeck11 is talking about customized views.  You cannot give each graph a name on a tab like you can a report/graph or even the tab/view.  That is the issue.  When you have multiple graphs on a tab it can be difficult to tell what each represents. 
  • Jim_Harman
    edited October 2021
    To be clear, the issue is renaming customized graphs or panels in the Home tab views. Each of these graphs is the balance of one account over the past 12 months. There is no way to identify which is which.

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rrbeck11

Thank you for the clarification @bmciance! I apologize for my confusion. This is a limitation at the moment. However, an idea post can be submitted for this great idea. Please visit the link below to submit an idea post. 

https://community.quicken.com/categories/reports-(windows)

Hope this helps. Please let us know of any questions or concerns. 

• Jim_Harman
    The only present alternative I can think of would be to export an Account Balances report to Excel and plot it there.
  • rrbeck11
    rrbeck11 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for all the helpful responses. Jim is correct they are multiple graphs showing on a single view. I have created a view consisting of graphs with investment account balances - about 8 graphs with different time periods/graph options. It is difficult to Distinguish between accounts without labels. this would be a great addition. I will post to suggested area when I get a chance
  • Jim_Harman
    One issue with renaming the graphs is that as with customized reports that have been renamed, it is sometimes difficult to tell what the original template was. Perhaps a separate customizable "Caption" field or something similar would work.
This discussion has been closed.