Password does not work any longer?

Options
Astore
Astore Member ✭✭
All,
I hope someone here can help me. I have recently installed Quicken 2021 Premier on my (Windows 10) PC. After a few days my password (that I use for 15 years with Q) suddenly was no longer accepted. I clicked on "forgot password" and received a 6 digit code on my mobile. Quicken worked again, but suddenly a password was no longer necessary? Quicken opened immediately every day. That was until this morning. I got a prompt for a password, but my usual password did not work. Also the option "forgot password" did not give any reaction at all. The screen remained white. I'm desperate what to do now and hope someone here can help me. The last few weeks I also noticed small bugs, average buying prices of my stock investments did not match reality, when opening Q in the morning mysteriously stock quotes were different (from the time I closed the program).
Please can someone help me getting Quicken working again? Thanks in advance, Thomas

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Restore a recent backup (have it make a copy, don't overwrite).

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Astore
    Astore Member ✭✭
    Options
    Splasher, thanks for your comment. I tried that, but then I get again the prompt for the password. I'm at a loss what happens here. I use the same password with Q for 15 years and out of the blue it does no longer work.
  • Astore
    Astore Member ✭✭
    Options
    And what I find even more mysterious is that when I click on "forgot password", nothing happens. One would expect that it leads me to a web page where I can reset my password???
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Try an older backup.  If that doesn't help, contact Quicken Support

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.