Quicken For MAC v 6.4.1 Duplicating Again

1. Looks like Quicken has the download duplicating bug back once again.  Checks are coming down twice.  I delete one of them.

2.  This follows a failure last week to recognize entries already done (like scheduled transactions) duplicating them in that fashion.  That failure is more pernicious.  One doesn't know to delete the one that was downloaded or delete the one planned.  Maybe it's the same failure as the first?

Chris
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Chris Mead

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your program. To start here is this the first time you've seen this issue? What FI had the duplicate or is it a manual account? If you have experienced it more than once could you list the steps you take to duplicate it?

Also, are you still having issues with the second problem listed? It sounds like it may have been corrected but I'm unsure if that is the case. Please let us know and we can look into it further.

Please let us know more once you're able to and we'll take a look.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Chris Mead
    Chris Mead Member ✭✭✭
    To answer your one question, yes I have seen both of these issues before.  They come and go.  I'll let you know if they continue.
  • Chris Mead
    Chris Mead Member ✭✭✭
    Hello @Quicken Francisco

Downloaded transactions still do not align to those I have pre-entered.  Currently, I am working in the checking account.  It's worse now though.  Previously, when this happened, I was able to grab a transaction, move it on top of another one and match the two.  This no longer works though. I get a grayed out stop (line through a circle) on top of the one I am moving and they don't merge/match.  I'm finding I'm deleting the downloaded transaction to fix this.  Why?  Because the one I entered has all the meta data where the downloaded one is uncategorized and doesn't have any note, tag, or attached document.

This is a bad thing Francisco.

Chris
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @Chris Mead

Thanks for the update. It sounds like the transaction might be matching the wrong transactions if you're unable to drag them on top of each other. You can turn on the Matched Status column to check. If a transaction was auto-matched incorrectly, you can undo it by right-clicking on the transaction and selecting Reject Automatic Transaction Match. From here try merging the transactions again and ideally we should be matching the correct transactions again.  I did find this information in one of the recent threads with a similar question if you'd like to take a look.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7899902/how-to-match-downloaded-transaction-to-existing-register-transaction

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know if the matches start happening correctly again. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Chris Mead
    Chris Mead Member ✭✭✭
    Sorry for not responding.  The issue is no longer occurring.  I didn't do anything to fix it.
This discussion has been closed.