I use Quicken Essentials on my circa 2011 Mac Book Pro. I am buying a new Mac Book Air .

Options
Hondoac1
Hondoac1 Member
Can I migrate my existing Quicken data to my new Mac Book Air with the Big Sur OS. If so , how? I know the new OS, and many older versions will not support Essentials

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You will need to migrate your Quicken Essentials data file (but not the app) to the new machine. You will need to subscribe to the current version of QMac (look for deals online and in stores such as Staples, Costco, etc.). When you launch QMac, it will ask you how you want to start. Choose "Start from a Quicken Essentials File". That's it.

There are three plans available for QMac: Starter, Deluxe and Premier. You can see the differences here: https://www.quicken.com/mac/compare. If you only need the functionality of QE, then Starter should work for you. But be aware that if you don't keep your subscription current, your data becomes read-only in the Starter plan. For all plans, all online functionality (quotes, downloads, etc) is only available while your subscription is active.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You will need to migrate your Quicken Essentials data file (but not the app) to the new machine. You will need to subscribe to the current version of QMac (look for deals online and in stores such as Staples, Costco, etc.). When you launch QMac, it will ask you how you want to start. Choose "Start from a Quicken Essentials File". That's it.

There are three plans available for QMac: Starter, Deluxe and Premier. You can see the differences here: https://www.quicken.com/mac/compare. If you only need the functionality of QE, then Starter should work for you. But be aware that if you don't keep your subscription current, your data becomes read-only in the Starter plan. For all plans, all online functionality (quotes, downloads, etc) is only available while your subscription is active.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Hondoac1
    Hondoac1 Member
    Options
    THX, I'll give it a try.
This discussion has been closed.