Unable to upgrade past R35.31

Jerry Byrum
Jerry Byrum Member ✭✭
When I try to check for updates Quicken tells me I have the latest version, R35.31 I know that is not correct. I have tried the Mondo patch route but i get errors as indicated in the attached messages and cannot install the patch. Any suggestions?

[Edited image-Personal Information]

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is a version later than R35.31 it may be in staged release where they upgrade a certain number of users and then pause to make sure there are no issues.  I am on R35.31.  I would just wait until you are given the upgrade.
  • Jerry Byrum
    Jerry Byrum Member ✭✭
    I have more than one computer and I was able to successfully upgrade one of them to R36.17. Just curious as to why one would work and the other would not.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most likely because it is in staged release.  They are not letting anyone else upgrade at this point.  You got one before they paused it.  
  • Jerry Byrum
    Jerry Byrum Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your response. When they pause the upgrades, does that include the MondoPatch as well?
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may.  
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jerry Byrum, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize for the confusion. If you select Help >Check for updates you should be notified of any available updates or if you are already on the latest version. There are some users that may have a newer version but that is because it is released in stages. Also, please note that the mondo patch has the most current release. 

For more information and steps for the Mondo Patch please visit the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In case of Patch installation error "Server file failed to load … Index and length …"

please follow instructions here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/patch-error-unable-check-updates-server-file-failed-load
    If the error message is about a file named "wyserver.wys", the problem is the Windows User Account name. If your Windows User files are located in a folder named, for example,
    "C:\Users\John Doe\..." (with a blank space between John and Doe)
    you need to create a new Windows User Account with Admin privileges and a name that does not contain a blank space, e.g., "John". Use the new account to install or update Quicken. Afterwards return to using your regular Windows User Account for running Quicken and doing all other work, as usual.

If the user name is not the cause, try to enable and use the hidden Administrator account.
    See https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/ how to do that. Supposed to work in all Windows versions.