Connecting with financial institutions

Options
Something changed within the last week or two and now I can't download from our credit union, investment company, etc. I've call 4 times. Each support person says something different and ofter contradictory. One disconnect me. This used to be flawless [Removed-Disruptive] Will a future update fix it? [Removed-Disruptive/Rant]

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Peter

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having issues with connecting and updating your account(s). To better assist you I need more information. For instance, what error codes/messages are you getting? Where is your main/active file(s) located? Lastly, can I get the name of your financial institutions? 

Please elaborate and once more information is gathered we can move forward with diagnosing the issue(s). 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • whitepd47
    whitepd47 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Thank you. I have gotten error 502 and 503 associated with USAA Federal Savings Bank. The Y12 FCU always says ‘server error’. I would like to share my screen with a supervisor for the Mac tech support team since the 4 I’ve talked with thus far have been no help. What frustrating is: all this worked flawlessly until suddenly it didn’t. [Removed-Disruptive/Speculation] What say you?
  • Quicken Paloma
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hello @Peter

Thank you for your response and I apologize for the delay in mine. Just to clarify, are you certain you are getting a CC-502 and CC-503? Those errors pop up in Quicken for Windows instead of Quicken for Mac. Would it be possible to have you attach some screenshots to take a further look and better understanding of the issue? 

For instructions on attaching a screenshot click here. Please note that you may have to drag the image file into the response box. 

Once more information is gathered we can move forward with troubleshooting/diagnosing the issue at hand. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • whitepd47
    whitepd47 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was finally able to connect using Quicken Connect; however, USAA says I should be using Direct Connect.
  • whitepd47
    whitepd47 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This may now be working, but a question. If I use Quicken Connect it asks for my user name and password. If I use Direct Connect is asks for my Access ID and Access PIN. Is this how the connections should work? Will Direct Connect always use the Access ID/PIN? Thank you
  • Quicken Paloma
    Options
    Hello @Peter

We are glad that your issue has been resolved. It is at your discretion if you would like to use Direct Connect instead of Quicken Connect, but it is not required. A few things to notate about Direct Connect: Some banks require that you enroll for this connection type. In addition, some banks will also have a fee for the usage of Direct Connect. For more information and assistance regarding Direct Connect please contact your bank's customer service. 

Hope this helps! Let us know of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
This discussion has been closed.