How Do I Delete a Past Reconciliation (Q Mac)

daved41
daved41 Member
In the past, I've used a two key stroke process to delete a past reconciliation that had incorrect ending balance data. I've done this since Re-Reconcile doesn't allow correction of the reconcile parameters. Unfortuanately I've forgotten this two keystrokes, Q support is no help - their suggestions are to delete the entire reconciliation history for a given account which then means you have to re-reconcile statement in the account. Any help for my faulty memory?

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you are referring to deleting  (undo) a past reconcile transaction, highlight the transaction and right click then select "reconcile status" and then select "not reconciled"

The following link may provide additional information

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7883234/how-to-undo-reconciliation
  • daved41
    daved41 Member
    Excellent! - that's not the way I've done it in past (Reconciliation History/select/Transactions/Delete Reconciliation) but I think better.

I spent 2 hours in chat with two Quicken "Help" people and could not get either answer to a method that allowed me to correct the closing date of a past reconciliation.

Thanks for the help--
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @daved41

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize for the issue and the frustration. We are glad that you were able to find the answer to your issue. If you come across any errors please don't hesitate to reach out again. 

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.