Web Sync Corrupted [Edited]

Options
I'm a long-time Quicken user (Windows desktop since 1990s or earlier)... Quicken on the Web just threw me for a loop. Followed the direction to setup & enable the sync. After it was done syncing, my desktop data had random transactions ACTUALLY REMOVED, going back several years.

I was not expecting the sync to CHANGE my desktop data. Suspected the Web data might not match the desktop data, but it should not have touched my desktop data at all.

Tried to find and restore the missing transactions, but it became hopeless. Thank goodness there are the backups. Turned off the sync on the web, and restored my desktop data from before the sync. All back to normal. WHEW!

I'd like the powers-that-be to take note that the sync DOES NOT WORK,[Removed-Speculation]. I see that others have had problems too. I will not use it again until there is some assurance that it works correctly.

Quicken should disable Quicken on the Web until it works.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @janburch

Thank you for reaching out to the community and letting us know about the issue you were running into.  I do apologize at it sounds like you've had a frustrating time with the mobile sync here recently. I am glad you were able to resolve the issue by turning it off and loading your backup. If you haven't already I would also go across the top of Quicken to help > report a problem. This will let our developers receive your logs to have more information regarding the issue. I do apologize again for the trouble this caused.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • janburch
    janburch Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Francisco. I did report it as you suggested.

PS: I LOVE Quicken! Have used it since the 80s, and I'm very pleased with what they have done to it since they took over. I hope that continues with the new ownership.
This discussion has been closed.