Bank of America - CC-501 Error

This discussion was created from comments split from: When will the CC-502 Error with Bank of America be fixed?.

Comments

• Baba
    Baba Member ✭✭
    My BOA worked fine until I had to install Quicken on a new hard drive. Spent 2 hours on the phone with BOA support. Quicken only gives two choices of receiving verification codes, both are texts to LANDLINES. Changed the contact options in both Quicken and BOA...NOTHING changed. BOA tried to get me logged in to set up Quicken one step update using one time only passcodes. Tried three times and it still would not work. When Error code CC501 pops up, Quicken states NOT TO CALL BANK OF AMERICA BECAUSE THEY CAN'T FIX IT. Quicken online support says it's BOA's issue. Apparently this has been an issue for quite some time....it's October and it's still not fixed. Any of you smart people have a solution???
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Baba,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

As stated in this support article regarding error CC-501, if the issue persists for more than 24 hours, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to further investigate the issue and will then likely be required to file an escalation in order to have it successfully resolved.

Also, please be aware that we do currently have 2 other ongoing open Alerts for Bank of America. You can review more information for each Alert here and here.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Baba
    Baba Member ✭✭
    How can I change the delivery of my verification codes to voice or email and not text? I've logged into Quicken and changed my notifications and it still won't give any different options. I contacted Quicken support, they told me it's BOA's issue. I've sent Error reports and screen shots. Nothing. I can't even log in to Quicken now.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thanks for following up.

When you click directly on the delivery method for the verification code, does it give you a dropdown menu to choose from? 

Also, can you please further elaborate in regard to being unable to log in to Quicken? Are you receiving a Quicken sign-in screen? Please explain.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Baba
    Baba Member ✭✭
    Oh yes, it gives me the options to change the delivery methods of my verification codes and I have done that, (days ago) however, when I am in my Quicken program trying to set up my one step update and connect to my bank of America account, it still only gives the options of receiving texts to my landlines to receive my verification codes. I'm waiting 48 hours before I attempt to set it up again, as was suggested by one youtube video. I couldn't sign into the Quicken website on October 6, but I can today.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Baba

Thank you for the additional information. Aside from waiting 48hrs before attempting to set up again, I would also recommend logging into your bank's website to verify your contact information. If needed update the information and select the text-enabled phone number as your primary. For assistance on navigating or the updating contact information process please reach out to your bank's customer service. 

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Baba
    Baba Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your answer, but I have already checked my BOA account, everything is in order and I've spent a substantial amount of time with Kevin, BOA tech support. He tried 3 times to get me past the verification code issue by having me enter a one time only verification code. My Quicken program would not accept BOA's code. It even says that it's not a BOA issue, so don't contact them. I just tried setting it up again, still only get the options of a texts to landlines. This is not going well and I'm getting extremely frustrated. I just need answers.
  • Baba
    Baba Member ✭✭
    also says it can't connect to Quicken servers...
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Baba

Thank you for the additional information. I apologize for the frustration. However, if you are unable to obtain a verification code since it keeps sending the text(s) to a landline that is something Quicken cannot troubleshoot, unfortunately. The information is sent by the bank with the contact information available on file. I recommend attempting to get this issue escalated with your bank's online team/support. 

In regards to the server error, I can take a look at the log files to see if I can find an error. To submit log files select Help >Report a problem. 

When you have a chance to do this please let us know. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Baba
    Baba Member ✭✭
    How will I know if someone actually looks at my log files? I've sent them twice and haven't heard a word. Again, the CC-501 error states that this is a Quicken issue and DO NOT contact Bank of America because they can't fix the problem. I can download my transactions from BOA if I log into my account and download them myself. I'll send my log files in the next few minutes.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Baba

Thank you for the additional information and the log files. They are currently being looked at. Once we have taken a thorough look we will inform you of the next step(s). Your patience is appreciated. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Baba

Thank you for your patience it is much appreciated. Based on the error found in the logs, there seems to be a communication error with the connection method(s). I would recommend deactivating all accounts and reactivating them. 

For instructions on deactivating an account click here. Before starting this process make sure that you have saved a backup of your current file locally on your computer.

Please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Baba
    Baba Member ✭✭
    I did this and still getting the same useless options for verification code delivery. If I go directly to Bank of America, manually download my transactions, it will change the "set up online" option to "update now". When I click on that, it opens my Bank of America log on page. After manually downloading my transactions, Quicken then gives me the option of creating a new account or link it to an existing account. I read somewhere that Bank of America discontinued direct connect. They will accommodate existing accounts, but not "new" ones and I guess mine is classified as "new" since I had to get a new hard drive. What's next?