I will be away from my desktop for several weeks. Can I download transactions to Mobile app or Web?

Options
SMCHome
SMCHome Member ✭✭
From what I am reading, the app and Web only download transactions from the desktop, not directly from the financial institutions. I'd like to stay on top of my accounts while gone and not be swamped when I return home to desktop. Any direction is appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

Best Answer

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    nope - the Sync sets up those enabled and selected accounts for the Mobile App and Quicken on the Web to interface with them without the desktop.
    I have a Test QDF file that I have not opened with Quicken desktop for a couple of months, and when I access the Mobile App today is it up to date from the financial transactions.... all transactions are showing. 

also, you can apply and use existing desktop Category and Tag entries, or create new Tag entries… but can’t create new Category entries. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    nope - the Sync sets up those enabled and selected accounts for the Mobile App and Quicken on the Web to interface with them without the desktop.
    I have a Test QDF file that I have not opened with Quicken desktop for a couple of months, and when I access the Mobile App today is it up to date from the financial transactions.... all transactions are showing. 

also, you can apply and use existing desktop Category and Tag entries, or create new Tag entries… but can’t create new Category entries. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• SMCHome
    SMCHome Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. I realized the same thing this morning when I opened the app prior to opening g the desktop and there were transactions that I was able to categorize. After categorizing in the app, I opened the desktop and after updating, the transactions were there categorized as I had labeled in the app.
    Works great!
This discussion has been closed.