Cannot connect to PNC to update accounts and transactions

slaws
slaws Member ✭✭
:/ I have not been able to successfully connect to my PNC accounts all morning (10/12/21). The PNC website is up, but not sure why it's not working. Download Error (-28). Using Quicken Version 6.4.2 (Build 604.41752.100) for MacOS Big Sur 11.6.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'd note that the website you connect to as a consumer is different than the website that Quicken connects to for downloading transactions. It's not unusual for financial institutions to limit or completely block connectivity from applications like Quicken for a variety of reasons ranging from maintenance to server load.

That may or may not be the issue here; I'm only trying to explain that your ability to log in doesn't necessarily mean Quicken should be able to connect, because they're different servers.

Many problems are resolved within a day if the financial institution has been blocking traffic. On the other hand, if they've made changes in the login protocol, it will need to be reported to Quicken's connectivity provider (Intuit) to research and to work to fix. If the problem persists, you should contact Quicken Support, because they can collect log files from your attempt to connect and crate a ticket for the connectivity team at Intuit.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Hello @slaws

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. There is a current block with updating account(s) at the moment. I recommend waiting for 24-48 hours and attempting to update intermittently. If your issue persists after the 48 hour time period please let us know. Also, could you let us know what connection method you are using?

For more information about a similar issue visit the link below. The article is shown to be for windows but can also be applied to Quicken for Mac.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900225/new-10-12-21-pnc-bank-is-blocking-cc-505#latest

Hope this helps. Please let us know of any questions or concerns.

-Quicken Paloma 
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if it's related to the merging of BBVA bank.   I have BBVA and my accounts were supposed to be down through the weekend until today the 12th.   BBVA is going to PNC.   

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    volvogirl said:
    I wonder if it's related to the merging of BBVA bank.   I have BBVA and my accounts were supposed to be down through the weekend until today the 12th.   BBVA is going to PNC.   
    You might be right about that.  I have BBVA, too, and I was not able to set up my PNC accounts until about 20 minutes ago when I was successful getting them set up with DC.  So maybe now they have lifted the block.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• slaws
    slaws Member ✭✭
    This issue with PNC has resolved itself. Apparently, PNC was not allowing connections from Quicken during the outage window. Thanks for the feedback.
    55011655 Member
    It hasn't been resolved! After receiving my new 4-digit code and I was again updating with the bank for just a few days, I was locked out again. I have been exhausted by Quicken and PNC, with numerous calls, disappointed responses and hang-ups, Even the Executive Office in Pittsburgh have no response to this inferior service. While I will keep my accounts open with PNC (I’ve been with them for over years), I am moving most of my assets to other bank that be more competent!
    I think the best remedy is mine, unless you are more interested in playing with the computer than financial reliability
This discussion has been closed.