Compound one step update issues

Issue 1: This has been reported before but Quicken will not retain one step update settings. For every manual update, I have to go to settings and select "all" and then do the update. Quicken will not retain the "all" setting. Scheduled updates seems to update all accounts so this is how I work around the issue.
Issue 2: After adding a new account, Quicken retained the one step update setting for that account only. This led to issue 3.
Issue 3: When selecting a single account from the one step update drop down, the update would fail because information was downloaded for "accounts not in Quicken". Why? Because Quicken was also downloading information for that new account from Issue 2. This caused Quicken to think it was only downloading for a single account but data was downloaded for 2 accounts. The update log showed the second, and unexpected, update completed OK. The conlog showed the download for both accounts had good data but Quicken got confused by the second download and claimed the first download had errors.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @SantaFeTom

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your one step update. I'm wondering here if we might be able to solve your issues by creating a copy of your file. The copy will unlink all of the connections you have including billers but may help with clearing up the issues you're experiencing. 

You can create a copy by going across the top left to file > copy or backup file > create a copy or template > next > save copy > new copy > ok. From here we'll have our file with no connections. We'll want to reconnect some of the accounts but not all of them. I'd recommend connecting two of the accounts as that will be a good base. I'll leave steps on how to do so down below. 

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216277

Once you've had a chance to attempt this please let us know if you're able to clear your OSU issues. Depending on what you're able to find out we'll see what the next steps are. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• SantaFeTom
    SantaFeTom Member ✭✭
    Once I figured out what the problem was, I just made sure to uncheck the new account for one step update. That leaves me with issue #1 which has existed for a few years now and been reported multiple times by multiple people.