Lost all my Online Bills after update to R36.17 this morning - also R36.23

Received message this morning 10/7 that Quicken had a new update. Following update all my Online Bills now gone. Check Pays still appear to be there. This was for update to Version 36.17, Build 27.1.3.17.

Best Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for your patience while our teams were reviewing this behavior. 

It has been determined that this change was made intentionally and now online billers without an active due date/amount from the Bill Center will be excluded from view, when filtered to view billers by due date.

All Online Billers, regardless of the due date/amount status, still appear in the Bill Center when filtering by Biller Name, Stack View or the Calendar View.  All billers continue to remain visible in the Manage Bills & Income Reminders window (Tools > Manage Bills & Income Reminders).

We hope this information is helpful and apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced by this change in functionality.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, concerns and feedback regarding the changes made to the Bill Center. 

Our teams have reviewed the comments shared here and after some internal discussion have decided to revert this change and restore the previous functionality in an upcoming product release. 

We are working towards completing the release, however, at this time we do not have an ETA for when it will be available and recommend bookmarking the Windows R36 Release Announcement thread, to be automatically notified as the new release becomes available.

Thank you again,

Sarah

Answers

• Kim Weiss
    Kim Weiss Member ✭✭
    After the update to R36.17 this week, my online bills have completely disappeared from the Bills & Income tab, although the manual entries do appear. I can see them in the Manage Online Billers tool, but I can't update bills from that view.
  • fw6322+
    fw6322+ Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited September 2021
    Seeing the exact same behavior with R36.17!!!!

Did the Report a Problem to Quicken!
    Update:
    When using the Dashboard with Biller Name the Billers show and Due Date is no show.

• Quicken Sarah
    Hello @Kim Weiss & @fw6322+

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

If you haven't already, please navigate to the Help menu in Quicken and select the "Report a Problem" option.

In the window that opens, please reference this community post, select the box for every file listed and when ready click Send to Quicken.

You will not receive a response for this submission but the information included will aid our teams in investigating this issue further before R36.17 is released to all users.

Once the report has been submitted, if you haven't yet, I would recommend restoring a backup copy of your data file from just prior to when this issue occurred.

In the backup file, does the Online Billers appear as expected in the Bills & Income tab?  Or are they still missing? 

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • Paul Robb
    Paul Robb Member
    edited September 2021
    I have the same issue. Called text support in Guatemala ( called am and pm on the 29th) who was not aware of the issue and no help at all. I have no bills due at this time and as someone else said you can view them under biller name but I tried to use that area to pay a bill I just received by email notice the 28th and it still says processing.

[removed -rant/off-topic/unhelpful]
  • goober96
    goober96 Member
    edited October 2021
    Well I'm still on R35.31 and I just noticed this today as well so I don't think it's related to the update. [Removed-Disruptive]
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Paul Robb and @goober96

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. I was unable to replicate this on my end. To better assist you It would be most helpful to have a screenshot of the issue. This way we can look into it further and get a better understanding. 

For instructions on attaching a screenshot click here. Please note that you may need to drag the image file into the response box. 

Once more details are provided we can move forward in diagnosing this issue as needed. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Axe21
    Axe21 Unconfirmed, Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2021
    It's kind of hard to give a screenshot unless you happen to have one laying around. In short, if you had a credit card that you were waiting for the bill to ceom it it was listed at the botton of the Bills & Income screen. They are gone now and it's been since the update. 

I've also just noticed that they are missing from Bills & Reminders.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Axe21

Thank you for your response, although I am sorry to hear that it is still persisting. To get a better understanding of the issue could you let us know the name of the online biller(s) affected? Is this occurring in a backup prior to the update? 

Also, if you haven't already please submit a report by selecting Help >Report a problem

Please let us know of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Axe21
    It's literally every bill that that is downloaded. All credit cards (some are BOA, Amex, Citi), mortgage (Chase) car loans (Ford Motor), local utils (gas, water, electric, interent, cell phone). 

This is a big issue as I run a biz and have no way to update accounts. 
  • fw6322+
    fw6322+ Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Axe21,

In the Dashboard the Billers show when set to Billers Name and when set to Due Date nothing shows.  Hope this helps!

• Axe21
    Thanks @fw6322,

I hope that's not the way it's going to be from now on.
  • adamwadesmith
    adamwadesmith Member ✭✭
    Yesterday I upgraded to R 36.17 for Windows. This morning, all my online bills have disappeared. I ran the 3 "fix" commands from the settings menu on the Bills page, and only one bill returned.

How do I fix this problem short of entering all my online bills all over again?
  • stevesjh
    stevesjh Member ✭✭
    Have seen and reported the same issue. You've not actually lost the online billers it's just that the "Due in 30 Days" display doesn't work as it had prior to the update. Was just on with support and they're trying to tell me that this is how it should work. That any bills that have been paid and are pending their schedule will DROP from the display until they again become due with new amounts. Have tried escalating this but until others report this we'll have to live with this. TR #8905243, if you'd like to contact support to help escalate.
  • adamwadesmith
    adamwadesmith Member ✭✭
    That's it, thank you.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @stevesjh,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Do you have a recent pre-update backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• stevesjh
    stevesjh Member ✭✭
    I worked with support for 2 hours on Friday. The Online Billers are NOT gone but no longer display as they did prior to version 36.17 update. We "Validated and Repaired" the data file as well as "reviewed and repaired Online Billers. We then deleted and re-added several of my online billers including their linked reminders. Even following our efforts the "Due in 7,30,20 and 12 months" function no longer display the Online Bills as they did prior to version 36.17. Support claimed that nobody else has identified this as an issue as I was probably the 1st to contact them. As you can see now in the Quicken community, others are now reporting this as a REAL issue. Ticket #8905243 has been opened, you may want to let others know and follow up with support.
  • stevesjh
    stevesjh Member ✭✭
    See my comments from my prior post. I worked with support 2 hours on Friday 10/8 to report and trouble shoot this issue. Ticket #8905243 has been opened, you may wish to contact them and let them know you are experiencing the same issue. Initially they commented that it's always worked this way. I escalated it and I'm hopeful other now seeing this after they upgrade to V36.17 start to report this so it becomes more critical to address. Certainly makes manage your online payments more difficult as they no longer display in "Due in 7,14,30,90 & 12 months" as they did in the past.
  • gogottliebs88
    gogottliebs88 Member ✭✭
    Release 36.23 for WINDOWS - In Bill and Income reminders next month automatic bills do not show in window as in the past so I can't forecast my cashflow? What happened?
  • HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    After upgrading to Quicken Premiere R36.23 all but two of my 22 payees disappeared from the Bills & Income Tab.  Gear icon for Manage Online Payees appears to still list all.  

I hesitate doing a review and repair payees in case there a known solution.  I'm considering restoring the backup and then if possible restore to the previous release.  

Anyone else have this issue and any suggestions?  

Thank you
      HJR
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Second time this happened after previous update as well. 
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken works on Windows 11.
  • jsauser11
    jsauser11 Member ✭✭
    I also have this issue, but the update to R36.23 cleared all my due Online bills, and refresh does not bring them back. The Online bills still appear under Manage, but Update All does not bring them back to the Bills & Income field. Tried restoring my file backup made prior to the R36.23 update, and that did not bring them back either. Really hoping I don't have to delete and re set all of them up again, as that seems to happen rather often on these updates.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am seeing same thing, but am hoping that it was a deliberate design change to only show payees with current due amounts instead of the waiting for update notice that used to be there.  I am pretty sure I have had one that was not showing suddenly show up when the amount due became available.  Maybe someone at quicken could let us know?

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• David Weinshel
    David Weinshel Member ✭✭✭
    same issue
  • VerbalK
    VerbalK Member ✭✭
    same issue
  • David Weinshel
    David Weinshel Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    I am holding out for a fix rather then go back 5 days and use an older backup and try the update again.
    Every so often we Quicken users go thrpough such problems.
    [Removed-Speculation/Disruptive]
    Fingers crossed.
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    I have been using the "Bills" tab to collect and pay bills for years now. Hasn't been perfect, but I have struggled through. I am now late on bills for this month October 2021 because none of my bills have come up in the application. I have tried to download bills both ways all and individually. I am using the latest version R36.23. [Removed-Speculation]
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well one payee  that had not been showing just showed up today as the bill amount became available.  If this is in fact a design change I for one think it is a step backwards from instead showing all billers all of the time.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Quicken Paloma
    Hello @ITVGuy2000

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue and for the delayed response. To better assist you more information is needed. For instance, are your bills manual or online billers? Can you tell us the affected biller names? Is this also occurring in a backup? 

Please provide further details so that we may move forward in diagnosing the issue at hand. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • punk
    punk Member ✭✭
    I've been using this for quite a while now but suddenly the bills I pay by quick pay are not showing up on the bills and income tab. I'm filtering for all bills and using due in 90 days. I get multiple entries for monthly bills that are either auto entry or check pay, but none of the quick pay ones. I'm on the latest version - did the recent update make a change on this? If so, I'm not happy with the change.
This discussion has been closed.