Quicken online balance does not match bank online statement for new credit card account

harveyk123
harveyk123 Member ✭✭
I have a new credit card ane at the first reconciliation the online balance amount per Quicken is wrong. I see all the entries, there are only 15 as the card is new. I am using Quicken for windows ver: R33.7, it is up to date. The online balance at the bottom of the register is a positive amount, and I have not prepaid it so that is impossible. As previously stated I have gone to Quicken Cloud and signed out and in again, but it has not affected the online balance. I have been forced to create a 'fake' entry to balance the difference so that it will not affect expense figures, but that is not acceptable. any thoughts? Thanks...

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @harveyk123,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

In order to better assist you further, could you please provide the name of the financial institution you are experiencing this issue with, please?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• harveyk123
    harveyk123 Member ✭✭
    The .qfx files downloaded for credit cards with National Bank of Canada, bnc.ca, show balances as Positive amounts, reconciliation is always off by double the balance. I have contacted the Bank last year and have re contacted them this week and I'm waiting for a response. I can read the qfx file and I can manually change the balance to a negative figure which will allow reconciliation, however it is compounded by the fact of how bnc shows pending transactions as well. But first I'd like to see them deal with the incorrect BALAMT.
This discussion has been closed.