Capital One download and authorize errors

Quicken 2019 while downloading wants to reauthorize Capital One accounts. Do the re-authorization and comes back saying connection to Capital One sucessful but cannot find accounts. Went to Capital One website and accounts are there. So many issues with downloading from financial institutions, makes me wonder why I would renew a subscription.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @RLR57

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Is it having you type in a password or giving you an error each time that you try to update the account? I would attempt to see if you're able to get it working a bit better by resetting the connection as if it were new. I'll leave instructions down below.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

We'll then want to go across the top to tools > add account. Search up the FI and sign in. From there you should receive a screen asking what you'd like to do with the accounts. You should be able to selecting link in the action column.

Once you've tried this see if you're able to get the accounts back up and downloading. If not please let us know and we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• RLR57
    RLR57 Member ✭✭
    Already have done all that. message is "connection to Capital One successful but cannot find accounts."
  • RLR57
    RLR57 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    not having those problems with [Removed - Solication] apps
  • RLR57
    RLR57 Member ✭✭
    Message when adding Capital One accounts "We are having an error. It's not your fault."
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @RLR57

Thanks for the update. In this case we'll need to contact Quicken Support  via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps. They'll need to collect logs so that we're able to find out exactly what's happening that's giving us the error you're receiving. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Closed 2/15 in observance of President's Day

• RLR57
    RLR57 Member ✭✭
    OSU progress now says complete which it hasn't done for a few days. Check again when there is transactions to review.
  • SEEnnis
    SEEnnis Member
    Having the same issue - "connection to Capital One successful but cannot find accounts."
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @SEEnnis,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, however, since this is an older post that was originally created back in February, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

Please be sure to include a detailed description of the issue, any error messages (if applicable) as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.