Missing CUSIP, Mutual Fund to ETF Conversion

Options
A mutual fund (DTMIX) converted to an ETF (DFIV). My portfolio still shows DTMIX, but because Quicken no longer recognizes DTMIX, I can't record any transactions regarding it.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need more information. 

Are you downloading transactions for this account?

Did you click on Enter Transactions and enter a Mutual Fund Conversion to record the conversion in Quicken?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Heidiandjoel
    Options
    Tried that. The fund does not appear on the drop down list.
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    Is it the old ("Existing") fund or the new one that does not appear in the list?

If the new fund is not there, click on Add Security and add it to Quicken, then proceed with the conversion.

If the old fund is missing, then perhaps you have already downloaded a Removed or Sold transaction for the conversion, so there are no longer any shares in Quicken to convert. If that is the case, please post back for further instructions.

• Heidiandjoel
    Options
    I found the problem. The old fund had been categorized as an index fund rather than a mutual fund. When I changed that, everything worked. Thanks for your input.
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    Aha. Actually you old fund must have had a Type of "Market Index", which is reserved for actual indexes like the Dow Jones and the S&P 500. Quicken does not allow you to purchase shares of indexes.

An index fund should have a Type of Mutual Fund.