Info on Status column?

TTSguy
TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
I'm interested in finding out about the Status Column. Just an explanation, of what it is, what it does, and how to use it. I couldn't find anything about it in help. 

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    It tells you the status of transactions entered into account registers either manually or via Reminders before the transactions have been cleared or reconciled.
    I find it to be most helpful when I have the register set to show Reminders in it.  It will then show the status of the Reminders, such as Upcoming, Due, Uncleared and Overdue.  The added benefit for showing Reminders in the register is that you can see future cash balances in the register so you can get an easy heads up about what you might want to do with spending, transfers to/from other accounts, etc.
    Here is just an example of what you might expect to see if you show the Status column and you have Reminders set to be shown in the register.  (This was done in a TEST file...I wish my bank account were actually that high! :smile: ):

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The Status column is also used in automatic entry mode where you are suppose to review the new/new matched transactions to make sure they are correct.  And it is used for bill pay.

To get more information select F1 and scroll up to the search box and enter "status".

Then:

And an example of reviewing a transaction.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S. you posted this question in a Mac thread.  Was that intentional?
    Signature:
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea how it went to Mac thread. I just signed in clicked on New Post. It is Qkn Windows, but I can see already I don't need it for what I do. Thanks
  • Boatnmaniac
    TTSguy said:
    I have no idea how it went to Mac thread. I just signed in clicked on New Post. It is Qkn Windows, but I can see already I don't need it for what I do. Thanks
    I've requested a Moderator to move this thread to Windows.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    When you click on new post it doesn't automatically put it into a Windows category just because you happen to be using Windows.

You have to be careful that before you submit the question that the category is selected correctly.
    Signature:
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'll bow out of anymore comments regarding ideas or suggestions. Didn't mean to get everyone upset.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TTSguy don't stop just because you ruffle a few feathers. Sometimes this place need a bit of stirring up. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    @TTSguy - No feathers rustled with me.  Unfortunately, posts, like texts, do a poor job of communicating tone (unless you do a lot of THIS or THAT or !!!!).  Unfortunately, when a message is brief and to the point it can sometimes come across as being gruff or critical.  If I came across that way please accept my apology.  Rest assured that was not my intent.    I just wanted to make sure that this thread got moved to a Windows category so it would become more visible to other Windows users.  If this remained as a Mac thread it probably would have caused some confusion for Mac users because Quicken for Mac and Quicken for Windows are not the same products.  We welcome all users to Community because we all have things we can learn from each other.