Quicken Report for Account Balances Changed

Options
Bellman
Bellman Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I downloaded the latest from Quicken and a report I've run for years changed. It's a report of ending account balances that I created. A brokerage account was off by over $100K. I ran that specific account by Security and there were securities on it I've never owned and some I own that had negative balances. When I go into the account, the balances are what I expect but the report is not reflecting it accurately. I signed out of Quicken and reloaded but nothing changed.

Any ideas?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Two things I would suggest are

-- Go to File > Validate and Repair and validate your file.

-- If that does not fix it, try re-creating your report from the built in Account Balances report. Sometimes internal changes to Quicken affect saved reports in ways that require the report to be re-created.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim in Decatur
    Options
    I am having this same problem. I've done both of the suggestions posted by Jim_Harman, but neither remedy affected the incorrect Account Balances on the report.
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    @""Jim in Decatur"
    What changed in the report? Is it just one account that is wrong, Are old accounts that should have zero balances now showing balances, or what?

Please describe the problem.
  • Bellman
    Bellman Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also tried Jim Harman's fixes and it didn't change anything. All the accounts that I pick for the report are accurate except that 1 brokerage account. It's the last account on the report, maybe that has something to do with it.
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    OK @Bellman, click on the gear at the top right of the report and select Account detail.

Then set the report's ending date back in time and compare to the account's Holdings view for the same As of date. Look for the date when the discrepancy first occurs and look for any unusual transactions on that date. Sometimes deleting and re-entering a transaction will fix the problem.

Be sure to back up your data file before changing historical data, in case something goes wrong.
This discussion has been closed.