added crypto Cboe 10000 DOGE/USD - entered man, it was updating fine but no update since10/15

gary11963
gary11963 Member ✭✭
edited October 2021 in Investing (Windows)
one that got left off previous update for other securities that were not updating from 10/15 - maybe???

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crypto is not yet supported by Quicken.  It is planned to be added but there is no ETA, yet (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7555856/track-bitcoin-btc-and-other-cryptocurrency-accounts-in-quicken-45-legacy-votes-3-merged/p1).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• gary11963
    gary11963 Member ✭✭
    it is strange, i purchased in Robinhood account early September and entered manually in quicken and it was updating everyday until 10/15.. obviously is is listed as an index but it was still tracking and updating - but not any longer...yikes!
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    That is odd.  I can't imagine how updating might have happened.  After checking I see that Quicken does allow to set up this index in the security list...provided you set it up as a security.  When checking on the button to select the market indexes it does not provide any option to select DOGE.  And when I tried to download prices for it nothing was downloaded.
    There are several different ways Quicken gets securities price downloads.  Following is the Hierarchy for prices entered.  Since you referred to downloaded prices, #1 does not apply.  Quicken would not have been able to download so #2 or #3 can be ruled out.  So, perhaps Robinhood downloaded the daily prices (#4)?:
    1. Manual price entry
    2. Current Price (Quote)
    3. Historical Price (Quote)
    4. Price downloaded with broker data through One Step Update or Update Now
    5. Import Price (CSV)
    6. Transaction Price entered when manually entering a transaction in the brokerage account list. Each entry method overrides the price(s) received by the method just below it. This means that the price displayed after entering a Buy transaction (for example) would be replaced by the price imported from a CSV downloaded from an investing site (such as Yahoo! Finance), which would be replaced by the price transmitted by the broker when performing One Step Update, and so forth.
    I really can't provide more comment on this.  My knowledge of cryptos is pretty rudimentary and I do not have any insight into how far along the Quicken development team is in getting in implementing support for cryptos.  If you find out something about how you were able to download prices for this please be sure to post it here.  I am sure there are quite a few users who would be interested in that.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• gary11963
    gary11963 Member ✭✭
    yeah, I am not well versed in why it would have worked and then just stopped. I purchased in robinhood but I do not link to robinhood for updates as I do credit cards and the like. So I entered manually in a robinhood account I created in quicken and it worked updating as it does with regular securities and then on 10/15 it stopped..as I was looking through the threads on this site I see that many were having issues with regular securities not updating from 10/15 and someone I guess from quicken replied that the issue was resolved - it seems they resolved that issue but in the process of resolving it discontinued the updates for the Cboe 10000 DOGE/USD.

The interesting thing now as I was playing around with it and trying to enter a manual sell order in my quicken account and it doesn't even recognize Cboe 10000 DOGE/USD any longer, LOL! so now I have it in my account in quicken but cannot get rid of it unless I go through and delete all my purchases. Oh interesting a simple database becomes. Thank goodness its not that complicated if I decide to sell it in robinhood.

I will have to figure out a way to track all of this somehow someway, but certainly a puzzle why it was working fine and after that issue they resolved for security updates on 10/15 everything went haywire for Cboe 10000 DOGE/USD..
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A typical problem with not being able to buy or sell a security is that the security type within Quicken has been set to Market Index. If you have it set that way, reset type to Stock or similar. 
  • gary11963
    gary11963 Member ✭✭
    Thanks q_lurker, i did notice that earlier and changed it to stock and at least now I can cash out when I sell in my robinhood account... i wished they could figure out why it was live updating price before 10/15. thanks again!
  • K123
    K123 Member ✭✭
    I noticed that too. Almost none of the CBOE indices are updating in Quicken now (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.)

But a few of them still seem to work like Cardano as of 10/20 (INDEX:ADAUSD50K)

Weird how some work but others do not. Suspect some kind of integration issue with CBOE and Quicken.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I couple of days ago the quotes were down for everything, or at least intermittently updating.  They got that fixed, but that might be when there was a loss of these quotes.  I suggest people that are interested in this contact Quicken Support.
    Contact Quicken Support

Whether the third party quote service is giving quotes for a given security really has very little to do with if Quicken itself "supports cryptocurrencies".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • K123
    K123 Member ✭✭
    I actually use the Windows Premier subscription version Quicken on a Mac using CrossOver. The last update Quicken pushed out for version R36.23 broke a lot of things including the download quotes feature.

I assumed that most of my challenges were just due to using the CrossOver to make it work on a Mac, but it sounds like they may have some bigger issues with that update.

I rolled back to version R34.23 and it is all working again (except for the CBOE provided crypto quotes.) I wonder if Quicken broke the integration with their 3d party quote service with the same update.
  • gary11963
    gary11963 Member ✭✭
    it's possible - it does sound like they messed up something with roll out. not unusual with a new patch to mess up something else in the process...
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    What is one of the symbols that worked before, but doesn't now.  I would like to test on my machine.
    BTW I still suggest contacting Quicken Support about it.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note I just tried this one on R34.16 and I get no history data.  I don't believe this problem is in Quicken, I believe it is at the third party quote service.

Signature:
  • gary11963
    gary11963 Member ✭✭
    INDEX:DOGEUSD10000 was working up until 10/15 ,, cbeo market index ..as k123 mentioned in post, some of them are working for crpyto others are not
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    gary11963 said:
    INDEX:DOGEUSD10000 was working up until 10/15 ,, cbeo market index ..as k123 mentioned in post, some of them are working for crpyto others are not
    Thanks.  I don't get any prices no matter if I use an old version of Quicken or a new one for INDEX:DOGEUSD10000.
    Signature:
  • gary11963
    gary11963 Member ✭✭
    thanks for that update...save me the time an trouble of going through that process.. appreciate you!
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I use ticker INDEX:DOGEUSD10000 I get a single price downloaded for 10/15/21 of $0.234. 
    I also get that price for INDEX:DOGEUSD50000.

Reminder -- to get such a price downloaded into your Quicken file, you need to either own shares in an account, or have it in your Watch List.  If you have the security (ticker) in your file but not in your watch list and not shares owned in an acocunt, Quicken will not ask for the current prices (prices for the last five days) from the 'current quotes' data supplier.    
  • gary11963
    gary11963 Member ✭✭
    yeah, 10/15 was the last update on the ticker and also the same day they did something with other securities not downloaded.. must have removed something. I believe the dogeusd50000 and the dogeusd10000 are the same its just position size when purchasing, there is also a dogeusd100000 -- should all be the same quote
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    q_lurker said:
    When I use ticker INDEX:DOGEUSD10000 I get a single price downloaded for 10/15/21 of $0.234. 
    I also get that price for INDEX:DOGEUSD50000.  
    Well you got better than I did. I got nothing even with it on my watch list, and trying Update, And historical prices 5 days, and Month.

Signature:
  • gary11963
    gary11963 Member ✭✭
    yahoo!!! it seems that it has been corrected.. I am now seeing updates as of this morning 10/21!! all is good.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    gary11963 said:
    yahoo!!! it seems that it has been corrected.. I am now seeing updates as of this morning 10/21!! all is good.
    I am not getting anythin different from Quicken's sources -- meaning no new data.
    I suspect you are getting prices from your Financial Institution.

Another factor in that direction -- Some FIs have historically only provided price updates (meaning current portfolio valuation) when they also have transaction to download.  No new transactions from them also meant no new prices from them.  I am not sure that any particular FI still uses that model, but it might be worth considering.  
  • gary11963
    gary11963 Member ✭✭
    lol...nope, i miss spoke... getting nothing...long night
  • K123
    K123 Member ✭✭
    Most are still not working. I've only found 2 of them that are still working for XLM (Stellar Lumens) and ADA (Cardano). Here are the indices as listed in Quicken that I've found still work as of today (10/21).

INDEX:ADAUSD50K

INDEX:XLMUSD500

There may be others still operable. I didn't try them all.
  • K123
    K123 Member ✭✭
    FYI I did contact support about it yesterday, but I don't have a lot of confidence that they (1) properly understood the issue and (2) will move quickly to fix. Didn't seem to be a highly knowledgeable rep.
  • gary11963
    gary11963 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the update k123 and referring to support, hopefully they can figure something out soon. many more brokerages will start allowing crypto purchases soon and hopefully quicken gets with the program
  • K123
    K123 Member ✭✭
    Appears to be fixed as of 10/22. All of them are downloading for me like they should this morning.
  • gary11963
    gary11963 Member ✭✭
    just notice that as well... thanks for update k123, appreciate you!
This discussion has been closed.