CC-501 and Capital One Bank

On Monday I got a message that I needed to re-authorize my Capital One account. I tried to go thru that process but got CC-501. I deactivated online services. When I tried to re-activate online services I got the CC-501 message. I have been trying for 3 days to get re-activated. Still no luck.

Comments

• jrobnett
    jrobnett Member
    I'm getting the same error and the new "announcement" at the top of the page about this isn't helpful. It just has screen grabs of the process. The claim is that if you get the CC-501 error then you entered the wrong credentials but that can't be right.

I unlinked Quicken from the Capital One web site side of things.
    Started Quicken, ran update, it asked to re-authorize and agreed.
    It prompted for username and password and then showed my account on Capital One
    It then tried to authorize and gave the cc-501 error

The thing is the CapitalOne site again shows Quicken Linked so the credentials had to be right or it wouldn't have found the account and linked on the CapitalOne side.

So something is wrong with Quicken's side of things.
  • DaveO52
    DaveO52 Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken knows - see the following post:
    NEW-10/18/21 Capital One CC-901/501 or Prompt to Re-Authorize Accounts
  • DaveO52
    DaveO52 Member ✭✭✭
    I spoke to Quicken Support on October 20, 2021.
    They said they hoped it would be resolved by end of day.
    It is still not resolved as of October 21, 2021.
  • DaveO52
    DaveO52 Member ✭✭✭
    Still not resolved as of October 22, 2021.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @DaveO52

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties updating your account(s). Since this issue is still persisting, could you attempt a test file, please? This will allow us to take a further look and obtain a better understanding. Make sure you create a backup of your current file before starting this process. 

To create a test file, select File >New Quicken File >New File then click okay. When prompted type in "test" for the file name and save it to your local hard drive. Once the test file is created add your Capital One account only

When you get a moment please attempt the steps above and let us know how it goes! Please be specific if you get any error codes or messages.

-Quicken Paloma 
  • scampsrp
    scampsrp Member ✭✭
    I followed your directions and was able to set up Capital One in the Test file so then I went back to my own file and it also made the connection so all is good! Thank you!
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @scampsrp

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We are glad that you were able to get your issue resolved! Please let us know if any errors, questions, or concerns that come up.

-Quicken Paloma 
  • DaveO52
    DaveO52 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    I followed these directions to set up Capital One Test file and it worked.
    Then I went back to my own file and was able to make the connection.

Now the issue is resolved as of October 24, 2021.
    Thank you!

Please close this discussion.
This discussion has been closed.