How to bulk move transactions in Quicken 2008 Personal Plus

I'm using windows 10 in Australia. I have an Investment Account for unit-based transactions in a particular security, but I want to convert it to a normal cash account (an Asset Account probably) for the last several years and into the future. How can I move groups of selected transactions (eg, for a specified date range) from the Investment Account to the new account? The transactions to be moved do not have unit values attached to them.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you post your query to the Reckon Community.
  • Thanks, Sherlock. I'll go looking for the Reckon Community, but I'm intrigued. Can you explain the difference between the Quicken and Reckon communities, and why the Quicken Community is not the place to ask about a Quicken product? Thanks again.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Australian version of Quicken was sold to an Australian company, Reckon, many years ago.
    Since that time, Quicken Inc. has concentrated solely on the US and Canadian markets.
    The Quicken Community does the same. We don't have any access to old international versions of Quicken and are unable to provide support for these.
    As much as I know about old versions of Quicken US ...
    you cannot move transactions from an investment account register to a banking - type register (cash, checking, asset, etc.)
    I'd leave the old transactions in the old investment account, start a new checking account register for new transactions and transfer the cash balance to the new account.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think it is impossible for the simple fact that an investment transaction is nothing like a non investment transaction.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Thank you all for your comments and explanations. Looks like I'll have to do it the hard way, transaction by transaction. So be it!