Capital One reauthorization errors

egreene34
egreene34 Member
I'm getting an error when I try to reauthorize my Capital One accounts.
I can sign in and select all of the accounts I'd like to share.
I then receive the error: Invalid Credentials for Account(s)
The credentials you entered are not valid for the account(s) which need to be re-authorized.
Verify you have the correct login information for the account(s) and try again.

Best Answer

Answers

• galojah
    galojah Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    All of a sudden, Quicken cannot download Capital One. It had an error. I tried to correct by signing in again. I enter my username and password which must be correct as the next screen lists both my accounts for me to select which ones to link. After hitting next, I get an Invalid Credentials for Account(s). How it is possible my credentials were correct enough for it to display the two accounts I have, but not to complete the process?

Nothing changed on my Capital One accounts - Quicken worked a few days ago - not today.
  • jleger12
    jleger12 Member
    I am also seeing this issue, exactly as described.

Currently using:
    Quicken Deluxe (Windows)
    Version: R35.31
    Build: 27.1.35.31
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Hello @galojah and @jleger12

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. There was a recent alert for CC-800 with Capital One but was resolved as of 10/14/21. However, if this issue is still persisting for you I would highly recommend contacting Quicken Support. An agent will be able to pull log files and possibly determine where the issue is coming from. 

To contact Quicken Support click here

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes and of any questions/concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • galojah
    galojah Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken P> @Quicken Paloma said:
    > Hello @galojah and @jleger12
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. There was a recent alert for CC-800 with Capital One but was resolved as of 10/14/21. However, if this issue is still persisting for you I would highly recommend contacting Quicken Support. An agent will be able to pull log files and possibly determine where the issue is coming from. 
    >
    > To contact Quicken Support click here. 
    >
    > Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes and of any questions/concerns. 
    >
    > -Quicken Paloma 

Still experiencing the same behavior.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @galojah ,
    did you contact Quicken Support (preferably on the phone during posted hours of operation ), as suggested above?
    They should be able to help you solve this issue.
  • galojah
    galojah Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    I did not call. However, I did the deactivate/activate in Quicken and that solved this issue.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/mac/deactivate-and-reactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello galojah, 

Thank you for your honest response. We are glad you were able to resolve your issue. Let us know if you come across any errors or have other questions/concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • steve84
    steve84 Member ✭✭
    I get a "Download Error 351" when trying to download by Capital One credit card transactions.

Capital One Card Services needs you to re-authorize access to your account(s).

I sign in.

I select the account to share.

I click authorize.

I get a message from Quicken saying “Invalid Credentials for Account”

I get email from Capital One saying “You linked your Capital One® account(s) to Quicken.”

I try again in Quicken and get the same Download Error 351.
  • castodm
    castodm Member
    Getting error messages when I try to download from Capital One and Wells Fargo. I have input all the correct information but to no avail
  • Tellgolf
    Tellgolf Member
    I have the same issue on Mac OS 11.6. Just started today. Capital One shows my accounts are linked.
  • BoilerOne
    BoilerOne Member ✭✭
    Ditto on the above - just started this morning, Capital One says I'm linked with Quicken on my account but Quicken continues to ask me to "sign in" to authorize account. I'm now getting message that I'm about to be locked out of my Capital One account....
  • Same issue. Asked to reauthorize link between Quicken and Capital One, which worked fine last week. Capital One sends email saying I linked my account thru Quicken while Quicken says my log in credentials are invalid. My credentials work fine at the Capital One website. So, unable to download. On the Quicken Account Status window, it says Download Error 351
  • Quicken Paloma
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Everyone

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. We apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this issue has caused. There is currently an alert, please visit the link below. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900427/new-10-18-21-capital-one-cc-901#latest

Let us know if you have questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • BoilerOne
    BoilerOne Member ✭✭
    > @BoilerOne said:
    > Ditto on the above - just started this morning, Capital One says I'm linked with Quicken on my account but Quicken continues to ask me to "sign in" to authorize account. I'm now getting message that I'm about to be locked out of my Capital One account....

UPDATE - went into Quicken today (10/19) and used the "reset connection" on my Capital One Account under Settings. Entered log in info again and this time, success! I'm back and able to download transactions from Capital One. Now, if they could just get the Bank of America connection working, we'd be in great shape!
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @BoilerOne

Thank you for the update in your response. Again we apologize for the frustration. However, we are glad that you were able to resolve your issue. If you need further assistance with any other issues please don't hesitate in creating another post and letting us know. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • ChrisP3
    ChrisP3 Member ✭✭
    > @galojah said:
    > I did not call. However, I did the deactivate/activate in Quicken and that solved this issue.
    > https://www.quicken.com/support/mac/deactivate-and-reactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

That worked for me too.
  • spenmay1943
    spenmay1943 Member ✭✭✭
    I did the deactivate and activate in Quicken and that solved this issue yesterday. The update worked today 10/23 also. You never know if it is this process, or either Capital One or Quicken resolved the issue yesterday. In any case, thanks for the advice.
  • james Franke
    james Franke Member ✭✭
    The disconnect then connect worked after I picked "Capitol One - Current". Didn't connect using Capitol One Credit Card Services.
  • Sofree
    Sofree Member ✭✭
    > @BoilerOne said:
    > > @BoilerOne said:
    > > Ditto on the above - just started this morning, Capital One says I'm linked with Quicken on my account but Quicken continues to ask me to "sign in" to authorize account. I'm now getting message that I'm about to be locked out of my Capital One account....
    >
    > UPDATE - went into Quicken today (10/19) and used the "reset connection" on my Capital One Account under Settings. Entered log in info again and this time, success! I'm back and able to download transactions from Capital One. Now, if they could just get the Bank of America connection working, we'd be in great shape!
    >
    >

@BoilerOne : Thanks! This worked for me as well! Now if we could get Quicken to forewarn us, lay out the simple fix as you did, and assure us that in doing so our history won't be affected...would be awesome! Like many of us, this data is the lifeblood of our personal finances and shouldn't be taken lightly. Lesson: communicate, keep support service lines open all weekend (for some of us, it's when we work on this stuff..don't want to be chewing fingernails until Monday..yeah, that's when I have to go to work!!!).
  • Am having this problem but on Capital One accounts that I closed a couple years ago. I don't have the option to "Reset" - since the account is closed, when I go into the Online Serves tab for the account it just says "This account is closed".
  • I am having the reauth issue as well. Have reauthorized and it obviously accepts my credentials but then just says something went wrong. I have turned off online services for the accounts and tried over. I have repaired the file. I have tried to just add capital one as new accounts from scratch..... it works on a brand new quicken file but not the old one........ where I need it.
  • Boca Rat
    Boca Rat Member ✭✭
    Same here, hoping for a fix soon
  • Boca Rat
    Boca Rat Member ✭✭
    I have tried to deactivate, but when I reactivate I get no option to map Cap One accounts to existing accounts in Quicken. So I ended up with two new accounts, accepted all the transactions, then moved them over to the existing accounts, then deleted the two newly created ones.

So why can't I map to existing accounts now? Uggggh.

Yet another horrible experience with downloads breaking for no apparent reason. Suntrust/Truist, Capital One and now TDAmeritrade too, and no credentials have changed.
  • This is the one that solved my problem, just FYI.

> @BoilerOne said:
    > > @BoilerOne said:
    > UPDATE - went into Quicken today (10/19) and used the "reset connection" on my Capital One Account under Settings. Entered log in info again and this time, success! I'm back and able to download transactions from Capital One. Now, if they could just get the Bank of America connection working, we'd be in great shape!
  • malgaze
    malgaze Member ✭✭
    I deauthorized and reauthorized the account. It seems like it is fixed FOR NOW.
  • John Ruggiero
    John Ruggiero Member ✭✭
    I get sorry we encountered an error (It's not your fault). Tried several times to deactivate/reauthorize.
    Please help I need this service.
  • Senergy123
    Senergy123 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I was able to get this to work by deactivating in Quicken and adding a new account for Capital One 360 versus Card Services then connecting it to the existing data in Quicken.
  • TRickard
    TRickard Member
    edited January 2022
    [Removed - Off Topic/Unhelpful]
This discussion has been closed.