One step update fails: We are currently upgrading your financial institution's connectivity...

Options
user12345
user12345 Member ✭✭
Started to receive this message on Oct 22 for every one step update. Restarting Quicken and retrying a one step update results in the same message.

Best Answer

• user12345
    user12345 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > I think you will need to contact Quicken Support to see what they say about this.
    > http://quicken.com/contact-support

Yea, I was going to today, but this morning I attempted a one step update and it ultimately succeeded. Everything appears to be back to normal now, thus far. Even though I deactivated online services for all of my Capital One accounts on the 23rd (see prior comment), Quicken asked me to reauthorize them again today, during the one step update. Once that had been done, the one step updated completed successfully and all accounts appear to be current. I can also add a new account again. I suspect this may have been part of the Capital One issue from last week, but who knows. Thanks @Chris_QPW and @Jim_Harman for your help!

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does the error message identify the financial institution? If so, you can check the Alerts, Online Banking & Known product issues section of this forum to see if this is a known problem.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • user12345
    user12345 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Jim_Harman said:
    > Does the error message identify the financial institution? If so, you can check the Alerts, Online Banking & Known product issues section of this forum to see if this is a known problem.

It does not. The message appears after all of the direct connect accounts finish updating and the express web accounts begin to process. At this point, one step update stops and a dialog box appears with an "info" icon and the message "We are currently upgrading your financial institution's connectivity. This is being processed in the background so you can continue using Quicken, but the feature you are trying to access will be unavailable until the process has finished." There is an OK button that shows the one step update summary where it appears as though all of the accounts have updated - they are all green - but no new transactions have down downloaded for any of the express web connect accounts. If I try another one step update, it doesn't even try to update again, but immediately displays the same message. If I restart Quicken, I can get the one step update to run again, but it produces the same results as before. I've tried to disable bill updates and stock quote updates, thinking perhaps there was something specific to that, but the same thing happens. I tried to validate my file, which went smoothly, but the same issue persists. I tried the old "hold down ctrl while clicking the validate menu item" so that validation would also fix the authentication block, but that didn't work either. Trying to manually update accounts individually doesn't work either, even if I try one of the direct connect accounts after restarting Quicken - in this scenario, the message appears immediately without even trying to update the account.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you have Charles Schwab accounts?
    There is an announcement here:
    Upcoming Changes to Charles Schwab Accounts — Quicken
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • user12345
    user12345 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Do you have Charles Schwab accounts?
    > There is an announcement here:
    > Upcoming Changes to Charles Schwab Accounts — Quicken

I do not. I do have Capital One accounts, and I was affected by the recent issue regarding re-authorization prompts for my accounts (discussion 7900427), but that issue resolved after I deactivated and reactivated the affected accounts. This issue appeared the following day. That said, just to be sure, I've just now deactivated all of my Capital One accounts, restarted Quicken, then attempted another one step update... same message as before. In fact, when I was deactivating the online services for those accounts, the deactivation worked (presumably), but I got the same message as during the one step update process.
  • user12345
    user12345 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Additionally, I am unable to add a new account. When I click the "+" icon, I immediately get the same message as before.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think you will need to contact Quicken Support to see what they say about this.
    http://quicken.com/contact-support
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • user12345
    user12345 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > I think you will need to contact Quicken Support to see what they say about this.
    > http://quicken.com/contact-support

Yea, I was going to today, but this morning I attempted a one step update and it ultimately succeeded. Everything appears to be back to normal now, thus far. Even though I deactivated online services for all of my Capital One accounts on the 23rd (see prior comment), Quicken asked me to reauthorize them again today, during the one step update. Once that had been done, the one step updated completed successfully and all accounts appear to be current. I can also add a new account again. I suspect this may have been part of the Capital One issue from last week, but who knows. Thanks @Chris_QPW and @Jim_Harman for your help!
This discussion has been closed.