Being prompted for sign-in dialogs during online sync for accounts that I closed

I had accounts from Capital One and Bank of America earlier that I closed now. However since past week, I get the account sign-in dialog for those during one setup update. I made sure that there are no active accounts using it and I don't see those banks listed in Online Center either.

Is there a way to clean up those entries so those prompts don't show up?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Hello @SarhoshAmiral

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties with your closed accounts. For this instance, I would recommend disconnecting the affected account(s). To do this select Tools >Account List [Edited for clarification] >Edit account details >Online service >Deactivate. Once it has been deactivated, simply click OK to exit. 

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes and of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    select Tools >Edit account details >Online service >Deactivate.
    I think you mean select gear icon >Edit account details >Online service >Deactivate
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • SarhoshAmiral
    SarhoshAmiral Member ✭✭
    To clarify, these are accounts already closed in Quicken. They already don't have any online service associations (Online services tab says account is closed) but they used to have when account was open.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    To clarify, these are accounts already closed in Quicken. They already don't have any online service associations (Online services tab says account is closed) but they used to have when account was open.
    I had a feeling that was the case.  There have been reports that Quicken's "close" isn't doing the right thing in all cases, and as such the account doesn't get deactivated, but you can no longer do it manually because the it does get rid of that ability on the Online Services tab.

Given the fact that they have never allowed you to reopen a closed account on Quicken Windows (you can on Quicken Mac!) you are sort of stuck.

What I recommend is that you create an offline account and use this procedure to move the transactions to it, so that you can delete the old account:
    FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts? — Quicken
    Signature:
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    I think you mean select gear icon >Edit account details >Online service >Deactivate
    I have added the missing step of selecting the Account list from the Tools drop-down menu. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    I have added the missing step of selecting the Account list from the Tools drop-down menu. 

In that case you need to change Edit account details to Edit.  The buttons on the Account List are Edit.

Signature: