Cash Flow Report will not display transactions from an account

Brian175
Brian175 Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I am using Quicken Windows. I do not wish to show my investment income or expenses in my budget or cash flow report. I only want to show the cash I take out of my investment account for spending. As a result, I created an account called Investment Income which is classified as cash account. When I transfer cash from my investment margin account to my checking account I flow the transaction through Investment income account when I transfer the cash. As a result in my Budget I can show the investment cash we have received for spending, i.e. "From Investment Income". When I create a Cash Flow report I cannot seem to show this cash received as income. Does anybody have an idea why this does not work or an alternate way of handling cash investment income?
Tagged:

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    What you describe is a transfer, so to include it you need to go to Customize -> Advanced and select to include transfers.

Note that unlike the budget where you are selecting one side of a transfer you might find that you can't really do this in the cashflow report because the money will flow into that account, but then the same amount will be flowing back out in the other part of the report.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Brian175
    Brian175 Member ✭✭✭
    I tried that but it pulls in transfers from all my accounts.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that just occurred to me too, it won't work.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try the Income and Expense by Category report. Click on the gear to customize it. On the Accounts tab, check your spending accounts but not your investing accounts (this is the default). On the Advanced tab, next to Transfers select Exclude internal (also the default).

The Cash Flow report defaults to Exclude All for transfers, you must select Exclude internal to see the transfers.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.