Accepting Downloaded Transactions (Not Responding)

Options
When accepting downloaded transactions, invariably, my Quicken window goes dark and it takes a long time for it to come back.
Further, on reconciliation, or on pretty much any task, Quicken takes an awfully long time to respond... I notice that Quicken is still a 32bit application - could that be a contributing factor?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @eyeks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• eyeks
    eyeks Member ✭✭
    Options
    I started the Validate sequence. Went through to step 4 - Click OK. After that the "Close the Data Log" step did not present itself. I have a dialog box "Quicken (Not Responding) Validating file..." with a progress bar which is frozen at about 25%. The Quicken Main window is not accepting input. Windows has asked to terminate or wait for Quicken.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @eyeks

Thank you for your response with additional details and pardon the delay in response. Could you let us know what version of Windows you are running? Also for these particular instances, it is recommended to uninstall the program, run a Qclean and then reinstall. 

For instructions on running a Qclean click here. Since this process is lengthy and can be confusing I would highly recommend contacting Quicken Support to assist you with this process. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes and of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma