Trouble Downloading Fidelity Transactions

I have been having a recurring problem downloading transactions from Fidelity. This began about a month ago. I get a 220-A error. I have spoken to Quicken reps at least 5 times and we have managed to fix it temporarily through deleting the online set up and then setting it up again or reinstalling quicken or removing all set up information for Fidelity and then setting it up again. Validating the file does not fix it. Accounts at other institutions download fine. I have set up a new file with just Fidelity accounts and downloading is fine with that file, but the problem with the file with all my institutions always recurrs after 1-3 downloads. Any thoughts?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Chris. One thing is when I try to add a new account, quciken ask me what finacial institution is the account with and tries to set up online connections, so I am not quite sure how to set up the new account "offline". Can you advise me how to do that?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    One thought would be to try moving all the transactions to a new account, then deactivate/delete the old account, and activate the new account for downloading (note you might have to deal with duplicate transactions on the first download).

You can move the transactions by first creating a new offline account and then in the original account select Move Transactions from the menu in the gear icon in the upper right.

Be sure you have a good backup before you try any of this.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Thanks Chris. One thing is when I try to add a new account, quciken ask me what finacial institution is the account with and tries to set up online connections, so I am not quite sure how to set up the new account "offline". Can you advise me how to do that?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Chris. One thing is when I try to add a new account, quciken ask me what finacial institution is the account with and tries to set up online connections, so I am not quite sure how to set up the new account "offline". Can you advise me how to do that?

• Thank you Sherlock! I will give it a try
  • Eagle Eye
    Eagle Eye Member ✭✭
    Hi danielphillips, I have had headaches with my Fidelity downloads for a very long time and have been searching and trying many things for a fix. If this worked for you could you please let me know?
  • I did not attempt this, actually since it has been such a recurrent problem, I frankly have given up. I started a new file for just fidelity accounts and it seems to be working although now I have to mantain and download to two files. I think there are issues with quicken regarding downloads in general. There was recent program update that was aimed at this but I suspect problems are still occurring. I have other accounts that periodically fail to download transactions even though quicken says they were up to date and the only way I have fixed these was to deactivate and reactivate I am afraid at that some point this going to stop working just as it did with Fidelity
  • Eagle Eye
    Eagle Eye Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. I have had no issues with my accounts at Interactive Brokers (IB). However, there is a slight difference. You cannot do a direct download from IB into Quicken. You have to log into the client portal, specify the dates you want, then it will put the activity into the 'Downloaded Transactions' window of Quicken. Somehow it does know which transactions you have already downloaded. So, even if your specified dates overlap the last download, it will not download duplicates. I suspect somehow this is the difference and the problem with Fidelity. Fidelity errors seem to occur only for options but I'm not absolutely sure that is the case. I will start being more observant in the future. The only way I have been able to get these transactions into quicken is go into my history file on Fidelity and match the transaction amount. That is always the correct amount in the download. I downloaded last week and one option transaction was completely bogus. It specified not only the wrong ticker, but wrong dates too. Everything about it was incorrect. I didn't accept it though. I let it sit in the downloaded transactions window. When I did another download today it asked me if a 'Jan 21 22 $30 call' was the same as one already in my security list. It was not it was new, and this was the bogus transaction I just mentioned. So now it was in my security list and I was able to insert the correct transaction manually. I started thinking about all the time I have spent on keeping my Fidelity data in quicken correct and come to the conclusion I will be better off spending time developing my own code. I don't really need all the power in quicken anyway.
This discussion has been closed.