pills55
pills55 Member ✭✭
send answers to me [Edited-Personal Info]

Best Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @pills55

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties with the closed account. However, in Quicken for Windows once an account has been closed you are unable to reopen it. The other alternative would be to add the account as if it was new again. 

Hope this provides clarity.

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Need to know if this is for Quicken Windows or Quicken Mac.  Quicken Mac allows the user to reopen closed accounts.  Quicken Windows doesn't (but should!)

In Quicken Windows the only ways to get an account open is to either restore from a backup, or create a new account and move all the transactions from the old account to the new one.  For none investment accounts use this procedure.
    FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts? — Quicken

For Investment accounts select the gear icon in the upper right of the register and select Move Transactions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @pills55

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties with the closed account. However, in Quicken for Windows once an account has been closed you are unable to reopen it. The other alternative would be to add the account as if it was new again. 

Hope this provides clarity.

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Need to know if this is for Quicken Windows or Quicken Mac.  Quicken Mac allows the user to reopen closed accounts.  Quicken Windows doesn't (but should!)

In Quicken Windows the only ways to get an account open is to either restore from a backup, or create a new account and move all the transactions from the old account to the new one.  For none investment accounts use this procedure.
    FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts? — Quicken

For Investment accounts select the gear icon in the upper right of the register and select Move Transactions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • pills55
    pills55 Member ✭✭
    windows 11