Download Checking account transactions from Bank of America

kenmsc
kenmsc Member ✭✭
:s have been online with both Quicken Support and BOA Support and both companies say the issue is with the other. my problem is since the latest update on quicken, i am no longer able to download cleared transaction on my boa checking accounts. credit cards work fine. i have tried both the BOA-Quicken and BOA-all other states and nothing works. Taking to the quicken support line is like talking to a 10 year old. any advice?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @kenmsc,

Are you getting any error codes when the attempt to connect for your checking accounts fails?  If so, which ones?

Just a heads-up, there have been other users that are reporting similar issues with BOA, so this could be more than isolated.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• kenmsc
    kenmsc Member ✭✭
    No errors at all. just does not download cleared transactions that i know if should and used to before these last quicken updates. and since was working and not now the problem is at Quicken. but Quicken will not accept that. Even created a new file and did download and again none of the checking account transactions downloaded.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Hello @kenmsc

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Bank of America accounts. We do currently have an alert that may be affecting your BoA downloads. While you're not showing the same error message the behavior is similar. I'd recommend taking a look at the link down below to see if the troubleshooting steps recommended may help you with resolving the issue.

I would also recommend following the post for any future updates as well. You can do so by going to the top of the post then to the right of the title clicking the ribbon.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7899702/new-9-28-21-bank-of-america-ol-362-a#latest

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• kenmsc
    kenmsc Member ✭✭
    thanks - i have deactivated the accounts and reactived. i have added new accounts and also tried with the 2 different BOA downloads as stated above. No error messages and no transactions are downloaded. Again this used to work prior to last updates but does not work now. BOA says issue is a quicken and quicken said issue was at BOA. i pay quicken for an annual renewal. Quicken should be the team responsible and should fix the issue. what am i paying for? Frustration level extremely high!!!!!
  • jeffu
    jeffu Member ✭✭
    Same issue - no error code, just won't download/update any of my B of A accounts, checking/savings. I've done all the troubleshooting, deactivated, reactivated, nothing works.
  • slieving
    slieving Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue with a 5/3 checking account.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @slieving,

Are you seeing any error codes after the attempt to download doesn't work?  Also, when did this problem first start?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Freddy Marsh
    Freddy Marsh Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue with BofA, and it was just with checking/savings accounts until they were blocking over the weekend, now it appears to be with all the BofA accounts. I can see cleared transactions online, and it acts like it is updating in Quicken, but the transactions are not downloaded. This started around the time BofA changed the design of the checking/savings in the online portal so I think somethign in that may be at fault, but who am I to say.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    ... This started around the time BofA changed the design of the checking/savings in the online portal ...
    @Freddy Marsh , This is an interesting observation.  Approx when did this change occur?   My online portal has not changed for a long time and fortunately I am not having any issues.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Freddy Marsh
    Freddy Marsh Member ✭✭
    I have credit and debit cards, and they were the same layout. Now the checking and savings are different than the credit cards. Before there was a little drop down selector at the top left of the accounts to move back and forth between accounts. It still exists in my credit account view but with checking you have to select the top left tab for accounts instead.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Freddy Marsh , This is what I have where if I hover my mouse over the Accounts tab, it will list my accounts.  It has been like this for years.  I was told that BofA may have (or might have had) a slight different look & feel depending on our respective State.  And perhaps they are making them universal.
    As of today where there are many new reports of issues with BofA download on the Quicken community, fortunately mine downloads fine (hope Mr. Murphy will not pay me a visit!)

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• D-Man
    D-Man Member ✭✭
    Same issue - approx. 6 weeks
  • kenmsc
    kenmsc Member ✭✭
    This is a QUICKEN issue. Bank of America has no relationship with Quicken. I think Quicken does screen scrapes as opposed to using the actual data. when BOA changed their format the problems started. as stated above quicken says BOA issue and BOA says quicken issue. I put the issue on Quicken since it is quicken software. Wish a company would MAN UP. #disgustedwithquicken
  • Freddy Marsh
    Freddy Marsh Member ✭✭
    @BK Your screenshot and mine do not match. Not exactly. I do have the tabs across the top, but before their change they had a drop down in each account. Now it exists ONLY in the credit card accounts. It was removed from the Checking/Savings accounts but the dropdown in the CC accounts still have the links to the Checking/Savings. Matter of fact, I just noticed that when you select the CC accounts, the entire page layout changes with different page margins, fonts, etc. The accounts finally started working again but as with Quicken, I have more accounts giving errors. It seems that I could spend every week with Quicken technical support. Having been a customer for almost two decades, I am about to reach my limit with their issues.
  • I am having the same problem with Chase and PayPal always worked fine before last update.
This discussion has been closed.