Reconcile Credit Account

Options
For the past month I have been unable to reconcile my Credit card account. Running Ver 35.31 for Windows. When I try to reconcile, after an online balance update, I get a popup window stating "There are no uncleared items to reconcile" even thou there are 10 to 20 unreconciled account transactions.

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hi @Cheddy,

In the account register for the credit card in question, what is the status of the "10
    to 20 unreconcilied account transactions"?  If they are shown as "cleared" for some reason, then you should be able to reconcile (assuming there are no other transactions that are not cleared).  Also, when you refer to an "online balance update" are you referring to an account update (download) in Quicken, or something else?

Get back to us and we'll see what else we can do to correct this.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Cheddy
    Cheddy Member ✭✭
    Options
    The transactions are showing as Cleared. I would do an account update (download) to quicken. Then my account would show a number of new transactions that show in my register as cleared. The quicken balance matches my online account balance, but when I try and reconcile the credit account I get the window stating there are no uncleared items to reconcile. So at that point I manually reconcile the account in quicken to match my online account.
  • Cheddy
    Cheddy Member ✭✭
    Options
    FrankX, Thanks for your help trying to figure out what up with my account, but I just did another account download to Quick and the account reconciled correctly. I'm not sure what was happening over the past month but everything seems to corrected itself. Let you know if I have any more occurrences in the future. Thanks again for your interest.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cheddy said:
    FrankX, Thanks for your help trying to figure out what up with my account, but I just did another account download to Quick and the account reconciled correctly. I'm not sure what was happening over the past month but everything seems to corrected itself. Let you know if I have any more occurrences in the future. Thanks again for your interest.
    My guess would be that the online balance/date didn't update properly the first time.  This has been happening to a lot of users lately that have accounts setup using Express Web Connect.

If the Online balance date isn't updated they you are reconciling to an old date and as such the new cleared transaction are after the ending reconcile date.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • LAHK
    LAHK Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same problem when I download transactions via Express Web Connect. In some accounts, the transactions will be marked as cleared, but the online balance does not update So when I try to reconcile, I get the message that there are no uncleared items to reconcile. In other accounts, I have no problem. I am using Quicken Premier, the latest version of the subscription plan. This is a new problem with Quicken, probably a flaw in one of the Quicken updates. Any suggestions?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @LAHK I suggest using Hep -> Report a problem, to report it.  And as a workaround, stop reconciling to the online balance.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/