Ally Bank accounts Quicken Deluxe Error cc 502 when one step updating

fay chin
fay chin Member ✭✭✭
I am getting this error cc 502 for two days when I do a Quicken one step update.
Even though I have good access to ally bank via Ally online access.
I have not reset or changed anything since the error happened as the Quicken hint error says not to reactivate or reset the account and wait a day. Please respond with any fix for this issue.
thanks
fkc_Lincolnwood

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    fay chin said:
    Thanks for the update suggestion-tried but did not fix. As I was working on Quicken all of a sudden the red flag came up and it was the missing file. Possibly the site opened and allowed my data to flow.
    Weekends are the most common time for Financial Institutions to do system maintenance/upgrades and when that happens it can prevent Quicken from updating our accounts.  Once the maintenance/upgrade is done it then starts working, again. 
    I had not mentioned that this might be the cause because yours was the only post about this problem that I had seen.  Usually if there is a system down situation for this reason there will be quite a few posts about it.
    Anyway, it's good to hear that all is well now.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    I have not seen any Alerts or other user posts about a recent or current issue with Ally Bank.  When I get a CC-502 issue that does not appear to be an issue being experienced by others, I will usually try doing Update Now instead of OSU.  Sometimes Update Now will work when OSU does not.  Have you tried doing that?  (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update now)
    If Update Now doesn't work, then I would continue to try updating the account through the weekend.  If by Monday you are still getting this error code you should probably contact Quicken Support (How to Contact Quicken Support [Support Article]).

• fay chin
    fay chin Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update suggestion-tried but did not fix. As I was working on Quicken all of a sudden the red flag came up and it was the missing file. Possibly the site opened and allowed my data to flow.
    fkc_Lincolnwood
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    fay chin said:
    Weekends are the most common time for Financial Institutions to do system maintenance/upgrades and when that happens it can prevent Quicken from updating our accounts.  Once the maintenance/upgrade is done it then starts working, again. 
    I had not mentioned that this might be the cause because yours was the only post about this problem that I had seen.  Usually if there is a system down situation for this reason there will be quite a few posts about it.
    Anyway, it's good to hear that all is well now.

• fay chin
    fay chin Member ✭✭✭
    So one last follow up. This all started as I was adding two accounts to Quicken deluxe. And moving funds from existing accounts to the new accounts. I had previously made the moves on Vanguard and was trying add the appropriate account to QD. Which caused the errors. Well as you advised after 2 or 3 days the accounts came thru automatically and all is well. Seems like it takes a few days for vanguard to update the data and send the new accts to QD.
    thanks again.Thats all for now.
    fkc_Lincolnwood
  • BN2Wild
    BN2Wild Member

CC-502 error, Same issue here 3/26/2024

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @BN2Wild,

Since this is an older post that was originally created back in October of 2021, it is less likely to receive an answer now.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required. 

Please be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages as well as the version of Quicken you have currently running (Help > About Quicken). The more information you are able to provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you! 

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.